myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas struts for companionway steps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas struts for companionway steps
    Posted: 29 December 2013 at 20:46
It appears my "gas struts" that help lift the companionway steps for access to the engine have "de-gassed" over the last few months and no longer have the strength to hold the steps up, let alone help lift them - do you know how heavy the steps are?

Anyway, anybody know where replacements can be sourced? A quick Google of the marking on the strut (2008 vintage) shows no promise so I suspect the manufacturer has gone under.
Peter Russell

Hanse 370 hull 499 "Outnumbered"

http://outnumbered.the-russells.net
Doug View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2013 at 21:26
My gas struts died two years ago. Have not been able to locate a replacement. I prop up the steps with a boat hook pole. Works great, but would really like to find a suitable replacement strut.
"Red Sky" 2008 Hanse 370, #465, Doug Anderson, Deltaville, VA, USA
kweetje View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweetje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2013 at 21:29
Hi these struts are general purpose, you should be able to find them in different lengths and force, but don't look for marine gear, just look for, sorry in dutch "gasveer" you'll be able to find them for 25 to 70 €
First 4000 miles, no substantial problems
kweetje View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweetje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2013 at 21:32
in english "gas spring" google and you'll find :)
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2013 at 13:32
You should ASK your Dealer he can get them. from The factory
Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2013 at 14:55
hello
I believe Hanse use HAHN Gasfedern made in Germany

Edited by Wild - 30 December 2013 at 14:56
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
kweetje View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweetje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2013 at 15:31
Don't buy at marine shop or dealer, you'll pay double i think
Idelfix View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idelfix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 18:49
Originally posted by Peter Russell Peter Russell wrote:

It appears my "gas struts" that help lift the companionway steps for access to the engine have "de-gassed" over the last few months and no longer have the strength to hold the steps up, let alone help lift them - do you know how heavy the steps are?

Anyway, anybody know where replacements can be sourced? A quick Google of the marking on the strut (2008 vintage) shows no promise so I suspect the manufacturer has gone under.

Hi
Check this 
I orded from them and it take 2 days
 http://www.fjedre.dk 

Edited by Idelfix - 05 January 2014 at 18:50
"Keep sailing in free wind"

http://suhrfa.blogspot.se

CharlesP View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 09:20
That looks like an excellent store. You can even design your own gas spring

Charles
'MERIDIAN LADY'

320 Nr 536 2010

Medway
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 20:27
Have anyone found a solution how to fit gas springs to the cockpit bench lids on a 370? It would be great to be able to have gas springs on them!
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

www.wesailhanse.se big wheel, deep draught iron keel, 3 cabins,Yanmar 3JH4E, Sparcraft rig.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>