myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Painting Hull

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2017 at 17:07
Hi Keith

As you may know from this thread, my boat got a complete makeover with Awlgrip back in 2014. Now after 3 (almost 4) seasons it still looks great.... AND, I haven't even waxed or polished one single time since then.

Awlgrip should only be washedWink

Here is a picture from this Spring (not even washed)

Ole,

Kirkelund

"Amani"
Lynetten, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hanse 342 (grey hull, wheel steering, deep draft keel, Jefa rudder - RUD34)
Blaven View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2017 at 17:53
Ole, thanks for replying

I agree she looks fantastic. I guess one of my main worries is fender damage during winter storms as we are in a marina for 10 months in the water
Are the stripes vinyl?

Keith
kirkelund View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2017 at 18:59
Hi Keith

In fact, the stripes are also Awlgrip! Big smile

Only the boats name ("Amani") and the Hanse 342 logo aft (not visible) are "labelled" on. The painter was even able to make those exactly identical to the original ones.

Ole,
Kirkelund

"Amani"
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2017 at 20:21
Amani looks fabolous, Ole!

Johan
kirkelund View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2017 at 20:34
Thanks, JohanSmile

I am still quite happy with the Awlgrip paint job.

Ole
Kirkelund

"Amani"
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2017 at 05:00
Amani
Which Awlgrip paint was this? I think they have a couple of different types now.

Steve (Rubato)
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
kirkelund View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2017 at 06:09
Hi Steve

I am quite sure it was Awlgrip HS.

I know there are also Awlcraft (metallic effect) and Awlcraft Topcoat (polyester based) and probably a few other types. I think HS is the "classic" / standard choice.

Ole,
Kirkelund

"Amani"
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2017 at 17:26
Thanks. Starting to thing it will be what I will do with Rubato within the next year or two.

Cheers, Steve
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 09:19
Steve,
I understand this is the way to go, prices seem similar, and some people I have spoken to think it’s better than painting.
http://www.pbo.co.uk/expert-advice/vinyl-wrap-your-boats-hull-21623
Just a thought.
Dave
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
peterlo View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 15:51
Vinyl wrapping is definately a way to go - we did the year before last on our dark grey 400e which was irrepearably faded. The result was amazing - and still is!The material comes with an 8-year warranty, but obviously one has to treat the surface with a bit of care. The thickness of the wrapping material is the same as the one used for commercial vehicles. And preparation for the season is easy: wash with soft brush and auto shampoo with wax...:) Unfortunately, I don't really know how to post pictures - but I do have quite a few.

Peter

Stormsvalen 167
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>