myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anchorage Cup, Lake Michigan, USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silversailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anchorage Cup, Lake Michigan, USA
    Posted: 07 September 2014 at 02:08
The Anchorage Cup is a point to point race, almost due south, from Grand Haven, MI to Holland, MI on the wonderful salt-free Lake Michigan.  It's a distance of about 16-17nm. Winds were out of the NNW about 350 degrees.  We raced jib and main since my crew had little experience flying a chute.  Elapsed time = 2hr 11min 12 sec.  We were flying! Hit 10.4 surfing off of a wave!  Lots of time in the 8s and 9s. Awarded 1st in our Division and 2nd overall. An awesome day.
Silversailor
South Haven, MI USA
S/V Legacy
2010 Andrews 28
sailkoop View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailkoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 07:14
Congratulation, sounds that you had a lovely sailing day
best regards

Bjoern

Doug View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 23:14
Happy for you! The 370 loves a long distance race. I was doing a long distance race this weekend, too. It was 24.4 nm, winds 14-18 kts. out of the S-SW. Main and 125%, waves 2-3 ft. Boat speed high 6's & 7's kts., and a relatively short period of 8's. We won the non-spin fleet, and had the 4th best corrected time overall. I think my PHRF handicap may be in danger! Your race sounds similar to mine. We had "goldie locks" conditions for our boats.
"Red Sky" 2008 Hanse 370, #465, Doug Anderson, Deltaville, VA, USA
 Post Reply Post Reply