myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 545/548
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Port list Hanse 545

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScufSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Port list Hanse 545
    Posted: 28 January 2015 at 23:17
Hi all,
I recently had the pleasure of becoming a owner of a 545. My wife and I both love the boat but I have one slight annoyance I would like some help resolving. Our boat seams to permanently list to port about 2deg regardless of water levels.
Dose anyone have experience with this problem?
Thanks.
Ballistic View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 08:18
You could plumbob the rig or if on slips plumbob keel/rudder /rig.   Cheers  John
cwetto View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 10:48
Originally posted by ScufSi ScufSi wrote:

Hi all,
I recently had the pleasure of becoming a owner of a 545. My wife and I both love the boat but I have one slight annoyance I would like some help resolving. Our boat seams to permanently list to port about 2deg regardless of water levels.
Dose anyone have experience with this problem?
Thanks.

It looks like weight distribution could be a source of a problem. Batteries, charger, converters on port side?
Cwetto
Hanse 540e 2007, sailing Med
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 21:25
hello,
in the beginning we have the same problem on our 545.
There are a lot more heavy loads in the midsection on the port side like 4 house and 1 engine batteries + charger-convertor ( 270 kg) 2 freshwater tanks (740 kg) hot water boiler (50 kg) all the elect. wires, -panel and all the navigation equiqment.Good for a other 50-75 kg,2 heads with 2 waste tanks,the hydralic pump for the garagedoor etc.
on the starside there is only the fueltank (420 kg)the galley with the fridge (20 kg empty 50kg full with beer and wine )
When we installed the AC units later on, we place then so much as possible on the starside put the spare sails and all the tools, spare parts etc.in the aftercabine and under the coach of the starside and solved the problem more or less.
But still ,with the fueltank almost empty and the watertanks full there is a light heeling to port.  
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
ScufSi View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScufSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 23:05
Thanks for your reply, I suspected as much. We will be back aboard in February I will do some shuffling around of heave year items. Unfortunately our air con is to port as well. But life raft and out board can be moved over.
I will post when I return, Simon.
hanafe View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanafe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2015 at 00:08
We had the same problem on our 445 about 2 degree and the dealer told us it is wrong weight load.
However, the boat was not loaded a lot anyway and to be honest you need a lot of weight to tip our big boats by 2 degree, and this weight needs to be far away from the center.
To cut a long story short. The main reasons can only be that the mast is not straight or the keel is not straight. The weight load is just influencing that. Or weong design, which I doubt when the same model has no problem somewhere else.
We checked both. Mast was perfectly alright. It turned out to be the keel.

After long negotiating with the shipyard who did the commissiong and attaching the keel, they agreed to remove the keel and allign again. I was very scared to do such a big job, but It was much easier than I expected.

The Bolts will be taken off and the sikaflex is cut away as it good as it get. Than the keel is fixed to a hook in the concrete innthe soil and the travel lift lifts the boat gently bit by bit. After two to three gentle lifts the keel is free.

It was properly alligned and since that the boat is as good as straight, depending on the loads. Water tank, diesel tanks and these kind on influences only.

The only real cost we had was the upgrade of the washers which we did, using the chance that the keel was off. ... and the new Sikalex of course.
The rest of cost is pure labour and lifting costs.

Anyway, I just want to tell you take the chance next time she is out of the water, to precisely measure the allignment of the keel.
In case it indeed the case, than do not believe a comment of a commissioning company that the holes are drilled wrongly by Hanse.
Hanse is pre attaching all keels and measures by laser before delivering, even when the keel is delivered off which is normal for a 545.
My comissioning company told me they did thousands of keels and never made anything wrong. That my boat is up straight now is proof for me enough that this comment can not be 100 % accurate.

I forgot to mention a minor detail above. To remove the keel you first have to remove the rigg!! ooops.
Anyway the whole repair took around 6 hours plus the time of drying the sikaflex of course.

It was a weird feeling when the boat tipped a bit. Not while sailing but while mooring.
While sailing we had a good advantage on one leg. Amazing how much closer she can point with a "kanting" keel, but the disadvantage on the other leg was big as well. In winds close to reffing it was quite funny, on one leg she felt like a racer and after the tag I regreted not to have reefed already.

Hope this was of interest.

ScufSi View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScufSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2015 at 00:43
Thanks for letting me no of your experience. The anti fouling is due in may I will get the keel measured then. How much did the repairs cost you?

Edited by ScufSi - 30 January 2015 at 00:45
Ballistic View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2015 at 03:21
What Hanafe described is exactly what  I meant by plumbobbing the rig and keel,making sure they are correct. Cheers   John    Hanse 531 2004 [and still love it]
ScufSi View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScufSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2015 at 12:54
Thanks Ballistic, have you also had this problem? What do you use for a datum when plumb bobbing the mast? Cheers.
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2015 at 15:08

Interesting. Can this be the reason my 370e lists to port too?

I think I will use a rope with a loop in one end, hook it around the torpedo keel and measure up on both sides next time on land.

Sea-U is a 370e #532 located SW Norway
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>