myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 630
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

675 anyone ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David 495 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 675 anyone ?
    Posted: 03 July 2015 at 10:24
Anyone into the new 675 ?
I am becoming VERY tempted - but a few concerns:
- Why not twin rudders as a blade this size makes for HUGE bending forces and very susceptable to    damage ?? 
- Is the internal GRP latice framework strong enough for such massive forces - should it be bonded-in marine grade aluminium (hopefully it is !)
- Is Inmast furling practical on a 100ft bendy mast ?
- Cathedral sized interior: needs thermal insulation and humungous heating/cooling kw to make any difference against hot & cold climes .....
- At £1m+ a pop - this will be a VERY limited resale market and perhaps a used established builders' offering could be a more secure spend ??

Comments - and could the site admins open a 675 Forum please ?
David 495.
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 18:24
Excellent that you can seriously consider such a purchase! In Vancouver, we'd have to buy a marina as well in order to have a place to moore such a beast! You have some interesting questions and I'm sure there are many more. One that I can think of is this:  How many issues and problems would there be and what would the support be like in getting them sorted? - I'm thinking that the production volumes are very limited, does this make each boat almost custom and if so is that better or worse for "issues". For this and other topics I'd ask 630 owners like Panos.

Enjoy your exploration!
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
Pride of Waterford View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pride of Waterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2015 at 17:18
Great that you have such a "difficult decision to make! I would suggest that an in mast furled is possible have seen it on some oysters but reliability and fixing it if something goes wrong. Surely, electric winch with batten main might be better. Also the height above the pontoon may be a very big leap!
Good luck. Panos is your man for the best advice though.
Brod Port Lairge
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2015 at 17:33
POW,

I understand there have been 6 orders placed for the 675 already. I would imagine the 675 was never intended to be a mass seller but compared to the cost of a similar sized Oyster etc a 675 will still be value for money. Any new boat will have issues but if you were buying through Inspiration Marine I would think you would get all the support you need.
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
marcopone View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcopone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2018 at 19:46
My very personal opinion is that unfortunately the 675 is not such a nice boat as the 630 and 575 has been.
(speaking of the bigger size Hanse range).
I do not like deck layout and also the internal arrangment.
On such a big size boat a raised or deck saloon layout is more functional and give the boat a better looking.
I do not think this 675 will sell much.
I am looking forward the 688 restyling!!
kevinof View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevinof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 14:05
I sailed a 675 in June so speaking from my brief time on board.  Styling is subjective - what one sailor likes, another might not. So here goes.

The deck layout. I loved it. The section forward of the mast it great at anchor and ever under way. Great for taking the sun.  The uncluttered deck is also wonderful especially when shoe-less! No crunching of toes. I also think the opening deck window is a great idea as it lets air into the cabin. A wind scoop on that opening in the tropics would be great.

The cockpit is one of the best I've ever used. It's big , especially at heel, but lots of handholds. The t-top gets the mainsheet out of the cockpit which is another big plus. Almost everything in the boat can be handled without leaving the cockpit which is a big plus. No going to the mast to do anything.

The saloon layout - I think it works. I sailed on a CNB 75 deck saloon also and both are around the same size and layout. The only plus the Deck saloon has is the underfloor space for equipment and tanks. I do think there is a problem on all boats that the bigger they get, the more open the saloon gets -  It becomes this vast open space  - it's hard to walk across any of them while heeling. They all need more handholds ( and I'm 183 cm/6 foot)
soso View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 15:03
I am currently sitting aboard hull #20 and there was another in the slings as we left Greifswald in May this year.
Could the moderator please add a 675 forum?

However, on the off-chance that anyone with first hand knowledge of the 675 is reading;
Does anyone know how to access the sender unit on the starboard fuel tank. The unit is ultrasonic and consists of two parts, the receiver part is relatively easy to get to through a dedicated panel in the saloon sole but I have not been able to even locate the tubular part which actually measures the fuel level.

Anyone?

Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 18:43
Hi Soso,
since this year Hanse ( finally! ) adds a good level sensor to the tanks. They use a Gobius from www.fmmarin.se.
It consists out of a electronics box and 3 sensor fitted to the tank side,
Frank
soso View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 19:00
Hi Frank,
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, unfortunately this is not the sensor which is fitted.
Black Diamond View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2018 at 17:07
I walked thru the 675 at the factory when I was deciding on the 575 vs 588.   It *FEELS* to me like it will have success in the charter market, but not so much personal ownership/usage.   Its HUGE to be sure, and its certainly a live-aboard boat if you want it,  but its not so much sailing as "fly by wire" to me.  The helm stations look like a sound studio for a rock band.   Push button sailing is not so much for me, but that's how its set up.

I worry less about the structural integrity of the boat (ex:  I was impressed with the hard bimini attachment to the cockpit and how the mainsheet/traveler loads are managed) than I do about things like crossing an ocean with a 30 degree angle berth or the lack of grab-rails in such an expansive interior.   Its a beautiful interior.  At least the one I saw.  

You will NOT likely get it into many marinas,  or even moorings,  given its size.  We have trouble enough with our 575 let alone adding more beam, more draft, and more mast height.    Its probably a great charter boat for the Caribbean, Croatian or South Pacific sailing areas,  but impractical for the way my wife and I sail..

My US$0.02

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Hanse 575 Build #192, Hull# 161
Newport, RI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>