myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sail Drive setting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vertigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 13:59
At our 375 Vertigo the saildrive is basically in a 90 degree to the water line, the picture does show it not too well but this is best I have. With the 38hp Volvo engine we are running about 6.5kn at 2000rpm, 
still the stern is lowering the faster we go. I think this is quite normal.

S/Y Vertigo
Hanse 375 #805
gertha View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gertha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 18:24
Two things.
1 . Gerthas prop shaft has a little drop front to back , always has; no one ha ever commented through the years.
2. The prop angle is imposable from the photo as we have no datum, unless everyone else who is telling you it is wrong has a different photo to me; but presuming it is angled a little lower at the back this will push the bow in and lift the stern, so if you alter the angle you stern may go lower.

May be get some fat people to sit on the bow when motoring and sees if performance is better, if no fat people then more small people should have the same effect.

simon
mike pearce View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2015 at 19:14
Many thanks for all the comments. Sounds like I need to investigate further when I next visit the boat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12