myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 345/348
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Control panel problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty7442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Control panel problem
    Posted: 08 July 2016 at 10:56
Hi all
Just away on our H345. We are having trouble with our control panel. The water tank shows 100% but it's empty. I can't find a way to reset it. Also diesel shows 100% which is more worrying as I know this can't be full. Any ideas? It's the new 'we' hanse Control panel.
Monty
Navegador View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navegador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 22:00
Hi,
had the same problem.
fuel tank:
1, vdo tank sensor (0-190 ohm) checked; ok and working.
2, wiring to Philippi TCM1 display; checked and ok.
3, wire connection at TCM1 display; checked and wrong connected by Hanse.
4, !very important! calibrated tank sensor reading ad TCM1 display (was not calibrated to tank size!!!)
  [emptied tank and calibrated for every 10 liters the "K"factor of the TCM1]

water tank:
1, calira 5 stab sensor, never worked properly. 9 connected by flat 5 wire cable)
2, replaced by Wema tank sensor, connected to (Hanse) pre-wired 2 wire cable and
  switched wiring connection at TCM1 display and re-adjusted TCM1 setting for water tank.
Navegador H355 D1-30
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 08:06
Hi Monty, sounds as if your VDO sensor is stuck in the full Position. These automotive cheapo's do not work reliably in the maritime evironment. The is a drop in replacement from Philippi I described in a former thread. Takes less than 15 mins to install a using the existing 2 wire cable.

I also replaced the water tank sensor und used the two outer wires from the 5 wire flat cable Hanse had installed.

Both sensors work flawless since 2 years

Edited by Fendant - 09 July 2016 at 08:12
Frank
Silver View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2016 at 17:45
Hi all;

I had similar issues :

- water gauge showing 100% most times no matter the actual level; it has been replaced under warranty tems by dealer; after a few months I have the same problem. Frank is right, these are cheap components though I don't think any of us would have traded "low" cost for repeated issues.
Water level in the 345 is easy to check visually, as I divided the wooden plank below the bed in smaller chunks, so I decided not to waste my time any longer on the subject.

- my Calira panel passed away time ago and was replaced, under warranty, with new one, the TEV605 as the old one was no longer available; ultimately it required re-cabling and brought some delay to re-fix it.
I soon realized that the fuel reading was showing a consistent 10 % difference with engine on or off, or when connected to shore.
After insisting with dealer, Hanse admitted it was a known bug (so was I told) but left the issue to dealer; we agreed to install a plain VDO gauge and disable reading the level in the panel, to make a long story short.
So in other words, the level values read by the TEV panel (fuel and water btw) were affected by the voltage level

Maybe someday I will install something different as advised by Frank, but I can't help thinking that the quality of many components used by Hanse falls way behind the general very good value of the boat - especially when it comes to sailing and navigation performance, which matters more.

Brgds,

Maurizio
Hanse 345 # 51 Performance sails Volvo D1-30 KiwiProp Coppercoat
roy View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 16:01
my calira gauge panel is dead . Calira is also dead.  Hanse is not able to propose solution !!! the hanse sav is very bad . I bought filippi tcm4v in germany because in france is too expensive . I 'll do the replacement the last week. I will give you news soon.

roy
monty7442 View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty7442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 16:07
Thank you for all your responses. This is very useful
Monty
 Post Reply Post Reply