myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Cruising
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back in the water for autumn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2016 at 08:08

Big sister anchored with us for the last two days, a 540.  we popped into Marti Marina for provisions yesterday, this size of boat is here in great numbers and in the other Turkish marinas, but most don't go anywhere it appears.  This one is Austrian and so unlike the majority is being used  
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2016 at 18:12
It's so great to follow your adventures with all those beautiful pictures, Mark! Thanks for sharing.

Johan
Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 12:05
today we are in Bencik tied back to a rock.

for those wondering how my anchor snubber bridle works, this is how.

385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 13:27
We have had a lovely 4 weeks away from a marina and seen some new places in Gokova Bay.  we have now popped into Oren Marina, a new marina opened last year.  It isn't fully operational, but looks as if it will be a pleasant place to stop , and suitable for a winter lay up.
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 13:34
Oren has undergone something of a Hanse invasion, a selection of boats below, one pontoon alone has 4 new 445s, Hanses might make up 10% of all the boats here i recon!  No myhanse burgees though, but looking at the names, they appear to be turkish owned, maybe we need a Turkish section??

robh View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2016 at 00:47
Great feedback on your adventures but it does make the everyday stuff in UK a little tedious. Looks fabulous and cannot wait til next year to get out to that part of the world.

Keep the pictures and reports coming as they brighten the dull days in the UK especially as winter has now arrived.

Enjoy. Thumbs Up
Cheers,

Rob
"Blue Horizon" Hanse 341#113 Portsmouth Harbour UK
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2016 at 05:33
we have come round to Turgetries Marina to pick up another Asymmetric spinnaker from my sisters place.

the new solar panel is working after being fitted in Oren, the old one having failed.  This one is designed to keep me topped up over winter  on the pontoon in Turgetreis we have a 370, 385 (us) a 415 and a 445

Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2016 at 05:35
we have only 7 days cruising left before we head for our winter berth in Didim, so i'll try and get some more location shots of the bays between here and there.  
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2016 at 10:11
Hi M&C,

We shrink-wrapped Ningaloo at Greifswald in early September and now we are enjoying sunnier weather in Perth, WA.  It is great to hear of others enjoying "winter" sailing.

Your solar panel looks like a great fit for the deck area in from of the spray hood.  I am thinking of fitting one myself next season.  Can you tell me what make and model you are using?

Stuart
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2016 at 14:36
Yes no problem Stuart,

I spoke with a trusted supplier in Marmaris and he tells me that after many years he uses these thin panels, and victron for the fat ones mounted on a gantry.

These are 'solara profi M series' by centrosolar, a German manufacturer. From Hamburg, website hamburg@centrosolar. Com. I have to warn you they aren't cheap.

The 68 w (mine) or the 70w both fit on the panel shown.

So far I'm impressed with the current generated compared with my old Flex panel.

Edited by Mark&Catherine - 22 November 2016 at 14:37
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>