myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gennaker sheet circuit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincio3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gennaker sheet circuit
    Posted: 05 October 2016 at 08:27
Hi all,
I got this item from SVB:

Is this one good enough to keep gennaker (about 100mq) sheet with a good block? I read about other different ways to do that (dynema loops to the cleat, stern pulpit ring...) but still didnt figured out which is the best.

Edited by vincio3 - 05 October 2016 at 08:31
Hanse 370e #492 2008
vincio3 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincio3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 08:30
And what about sheet lenght? 
I was thinking to a 10mm...has anyone tried a 8mm?
Hanse 370e #492 2008
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 08:40
I wouldn't take the cleats since they only hold 130kg. They will move with force just forward. I'm using the rings on the pushpit without any problem.

For the sheets I would take tapered sheets. I have 9mm on 6? mm. An alternative would be 8mm which is even in polyester far enough for Spinnaker or Gennaker sheets (be careful, we are not talking about the guy! where I have 12mm Dyneema). 
For the length I would take 2x boat length.

I can remeasure when I'm back on my boat.
Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
JesperBergsjo View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JesperBergsjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 10:39
You should NOT use these for your Genacker sheet. The load is way to big. Use the ring in the pushpit and use the SVB stuff for a set of barberhauls. Works fine on my Hanse 400 both for the 140 m^2 gennacker and the 90 m^2 code1.
Jesper
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 13:09
I do not know about other Hanse models, but having had a pulpit failure (as have others) I would be worried about putting loads on the pushpit.
When my pulpit failed, due to simple strain from the guardrail, I found that the posts had only 6mm studs welded to the bases. One of the studs had an 8mm nut on it which some lazy worker had just pushed on bedded in sikaflex mastic as he was too lazy to get to the awkward position to fasten the correct nut.

If the pushpit has a similar fastening then one should be aware of how loads are applied or at least check first.
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
vincio3 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincio3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 14:58
Originally posted by iemand iemand wrote:

I wouldn't take the cleats since they only hold 130kg. They will move with force just forward. I'm using the rings on the pushpit without any problem.

For the sheets I would take tapered sheets. I have 9mm on 6? mm. An alternative would be 8mm which is even in polyester far enough for Spinnaker or Gennaker sheets (be careful, we are not talking about the guy! where I have 12mm Dyneema). 
For the length I would take 2x boat length.

I can remeasure when I'm back on my boat.

Many thanks for the answer...I was thinking the same. I will try pushpit rings and refer (after checking bases and nuts...). 
Using only Gennaker I wont need any guy! I will save Dyneema money for something else (barberhauls)!

Hanse 370e #492 2008
vincio3 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincio3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 12:29
HI,
gennaker halyhard is on top of the mast or on jib exit? I have it exiting from top and down to a ring on the front of the mast at the black sign.
Hanse 370e #492 2008
gertha View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2016 at 19:08
You will need to put a block on the ring and feed the halyard through block.
If you use the block the halyard will chafe and fail very quickly.

Simon
Swanned off
Gaga View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 22:12
suggest NOT to Use rings on pushpit. I did That on my Hanse 400?- and the rings broke.
So did the Genakker platform. My Genakker is 135 sqm and the forces in 8/10 m/sek is evident.

StavrosNZ View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StavrosNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 22:48
Purchase or have made up 2 dyneema strops 250mm long, place these through the center of the rear deck cleats and attach your blocks with snap shackles.

This give you the strongest mounting point for your blocks and also means you can remove and store out of the weather your blocks when not in use.

Pic is off net which is one of myHanse regular contributors Johan, he has used webbing as an alternative to dyneema strop but principle remains the same.

Edited by StavrosNZ - 06 April 2017 at 00:17
Stephen
2010 H400 #691, Auckland, New Zealand
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>