myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints and Tips > 630
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Squeekie floor boards..what to do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Squeekie floor boards..what to do?
    Posted: 12 August 2013 at 01:25
A new 345 and we have squeekie floor boards....what action do you sugest.  Thank you. S&S
High Time View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 09:38
Hi

I had the same problem on High Time - I think it is quite common on recent boat. 

Firstly you could argue with your dealer that this is not acceptable and, if they are a good outfit, they will fix the problem.

If you want to do it yourself you could try what I did in the forepeak on High Time. I had to take up the floorboards to mop up when part of the flap valve on the log broke off, sending a 20cm jet of water everywhere for about 5 seconds before I could get the log back in. 

Take each board out into the cockpit and rub down the edges carefully with medium sandpaper all round. Then take a simple white candle and apply a liberal covering of candle wax along each edge. When the boards are re-laid silence should prevail.

The main saloon floorboards on High Time are still on the list for the dealer to fix!

Good luck

Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 12:36
Inspiration do you mean?
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
High Time View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 13:35
Yes.

There are a couple of jobs, plus the saloon floorboards, scheduled for early October. 
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
S&S View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 01:42
Thank you for your suggestion.....I am hoping Hanse will  fix the problem that is being communicated to them by my Broker.  I should know more by the end fo the week.
iemand View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 07:57
candle wax helps for at least one season

BR Thomas
Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
Mark_J1 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark_J1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 22:18
A carefully applied squirt of Harken 'SailKote' dry lubricant along the squeaky board edges worked for me.  It's lasted a season so far.
Hanse 400e "Grey Goose" Hull #31
Silver View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2013 at 21:53
Same problem in my new Hanse 345 "Pauline" ... coming from the boards facing the headroom.

I'm thinking to dismount them some day to see if I can add an extra support beneath.

Cheers,

Maurizio

Hanse 345 # 51 Performance sails Volvo D1-30 KiwiProp Coppercoat
Fendant View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2013 at 10:22
Ciao Maurizio,

you are right, the floorboards in the main cabin between the ladder and the toilet seem to flex too  much.
I have a reinforcement project for the winter season.

Frank
kweetje View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweetje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2013 at 17:13
strange resemblance to B... Never had this on our 375
First 4000 miles, no substantial problems
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic