myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints and Tips > 461 / 470
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

couple of questions...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapetitio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: couple of questions...
    Posted: 11 August 2014 at 18:52

Dear all,

first of all greetings to you all, wherever you might be - I am a new user of this Forum and will start with some questions - hope you will not be bothered!

I am an enthusiastic sailor located in the northern part of Germany and about to become an HANSE owner. With an age of 47 I have decades of experiences on the water but unfortunately never owned my own boat. My initial plan was to

purchase a brand new boat directly from Hanse yard – 495(505) or bit smaller 445(455). But I fall in love with 470 and I am sure that this could be the right choice for me.

This brings me to my questions:

·       What is the difference between 470 and 470e?

·       Does anybody have experience or ideas how to close the beautiful, sportive open cockpit? My wife feels unsecure without any massive “rear wall” and she is a must have on board ;-) I have seen a 470 using chairs in the cockpit, which I think is a step into the direction I am thinking of.

·       Does anybody know somebody who wants to sell a well maintained and equipped 470/470e – preferable within EU and VAT paid?

·       Is there any weak point I have to carefully look at? (e.g. windows falling of the hull etc...)

Smile

Thank you all in advance for supporting my dream to come true...

Clap

Best Regards

Ralph

Edited by Rapetitio - 11 August 2014 at 18:52
Born to sail, forced to work!
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2014 at 19:40
Look on www.yachtworld.com so you can see a range of prices. 

Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout & shallow keel, normally based in Scotland
Rapetitio View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapetitio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2014 at 20:03
Thumbs Up Thanks for the hint - of course I have checked Prices before I started to investigate more in details...
After going through the offerings in WWW questions like 'what is the difference between 470 and 470e?' arose. E.g. the 2008 470e has huge hull windows in the saloon with small opening hatch and 2010 470 has 2 bigger hatches... a more tradional style of window. It is confusing...
Best Regards to Scotland!
Ralph 
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2014 at 08:53
The 'e' means epoxy hull instead of polyester.
Sea-U is a 370e #532 located SW Norway
Rapetitio View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapetitio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2014 at 16:20
Big smile That easy!

I thought it is related to year of construction etc... Embarrassed

Clap Thank you! First question answered!

Best Regards to Norway!
Ralph
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2014 at 17:14
Originally posted by Sea-U Sea-U wrote:

The 'e' means epoxy hull instead of polyester.

which equates to being a bit lighter and a stiffer hull. Definitely a good option...

as for the open transom, a couple of options
- custom built gate that would fold down on hydraulics, similar to the garage on some Hanse models
- or get a custom pushpit made that wraps more stainless from the corners to the middle. This has the added benefit of more rail space for safety gear, BBQ, etc....

Happy hunting!
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
Rapetitio View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapetitio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2014 at 17:54

Thank you for your answer!Smile

It seems the “e” is of importance…

Guess the customized push pit is a good idea since it will not destroy the sporty look of the beautiful stern as you rightly mentioned gives more space for useful installations.

Yes, hunting is the right word for what I am doing, even though deer hunting seems to be easier! My target is to be on the water in April 2015.

Best Regards to Canada!

Ralph

leemind View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leemind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 20:28
See your private messenger!
Grand Cru
Hanse 461#028
gertha View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 07:36
Ralph,
Here a quick history as I remember it.
The 461 evolved to the 470, at that time it was all epoxy so the "e" was only option; as this neared the end of its production run and also the world was having a money problem the non epoxy was used as an economy option.

Simon
Swanned off
Rapetitio View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapetitio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2014 at 16:51

Simon

Thanks for your reply!
Most of the members here in this particular section obviously see the "e" as the biggest advantage of this series - I wonder why Hanse gave up the epoxy hulls completely (only 630 e available).

Best Regards
Ralph 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic