myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints and Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speaker cable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speaker cable
    Posted: 30 March 2015 at 10:28
Looking for a home for the car radio this weekend I removed the lower panel just above the chart table.  There is just enough room to fit the shallow (no CD player) car radio.  To my surprise I found  two cable marked 'L' and 'R' that seem to be clear speaker cable.  I can only assume this was fitted during build as the cable runs up behind the cupboard.  I have looked everywhere for the run, without  removing panels, with no luck.  Anyone got any idea where the other end of these cables can be found!?

Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2015 at 12:33
Mike, as far as I can see both cables are single wire? In this case you need to find the other wire, which should also be marked "L" and "R".

There are two options where you will find the other end(s)
a) in the cockpit 
b) in the main cabin
Hope that another 320 owner can Point you to the relevant spots. If your radio is in the cabin, take one with a remote control. ( I think the Bentley and RR have these fitted as Standard :) )
Frank
Mike2145 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2015 at 13:23
Originally posted by Fendant Fendant wrote:

Mike, as far as I can see both cables are single wire? In this case you need to find the other wire, which should also be marked "L" and "R".

There are two options where you will find the other end(s)
a) in the cockpit 
b) in the main cabin
Hope that another 320 owner can Point you to the relevant spots. If your radio is in the cabin, take one with a remote control. ( I think the Bentley and RR have these fitted as Standard :) )

Thanks Frank

Both wires are dual cable, there is a red tracer on one of the pairs.  I have seen this is car audio installations.
As you say I hope someone has already traced these as I don't fancy trying myself!
Old Racer View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2015 at 23:15
If it is any help the speakers in our boat are below the port cabin seats. The cables may run to this area if there are no speakers fitted.
Hanse 320 Olicana Inverkip Scotland
CharlesP View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2015 at 07:44
Our factory fitted speakers are stereo with one under the Port and one under the Starboard saloon seats. There are also factory fitted left and right speakers in the cockpit in the upstand under the aft seat - these wires may be visible by removing the access panel in the aft cabin starboard side and the similar panel within the deck locker port side.

Charles
'MERIDIAN LADY'

320 Nr 536 2010

Medway
Mike2145 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2015 at 08:33
Originally posted by Old Racer Old Racer wrote:

If it is any help the speakers in our boat are below the port cabin seats. The cables may run to this area if there are no speakers fitted.

Thank you, I'll have a look next time I get to the boat.
Mike2145 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2015 at 08:36
Originally posted by CharlesP CharlesP wrote:

Our factory fitted speakers are stereo with one under the Port and one under the Starboard saloon seats. There are also factory fitted left and right speakers in the cockpit in the upstand under the aft seat - these wires may be visible by removing the access panel in the aft cabin starboard side and the similar panel within the deck locker port side.

Charles

Thanks Charles, I did have a look in this space but couldn't see anything.  However, I'll have another look now that I know there is a factory fit in this location.  Probably nicely hidden in some trunking!

White Lines View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Lines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2015 at 09:21
Nice to see another red with cherry interior - snap!

Our factory fitted speakers are in the rear as described above and we have two in the head lining in the main cabin. These were run through factory fitted trunking tubes.
Hanse 320 #154 GBR7888L
Mike2145 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2015 at 10:54
Originally posted by White Lines White Lines wrote:

Nice to see another red with cherry interior - snap!

Our factory fitted speakers are in the rear as described above and we have two in the head lining in the main cabin. These were run through factory fitted trunking tubes.

Snap indeed! We have a red hull as well, not many about.

The cables seem to run upwards so the headlining fitting seems to fit.  Where in the headlining are they fitted?  Do you have a photo?
White Lines View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Lines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2015 at 15:41
Will try and get one this weekend for you.
Hanse 320 #154 GBR7888L
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic