myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fridge efficiency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 19:30
Although I have a 320 I found that the compressor fan and fins were partially blocked with dirt.  Replaced the fan with a better quality computer fan and added a separate fan to remove the warm air from the under sink cupboard where the compressor sits.  I have cut some additional holes in the floor (the hatch where the sea cocks are) and this, i think, helps draw in cool air from the bilge.  
The fridge is now consuming a lot less electricity.  Mainly due to cleaning the compressor fins I suspect but removing the heat from the compressor can only be a good thing. 
As a side effect its quieter with the new quality fans. 
Cant take a joke, don't buy a boat.
Bruno View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 21:20
If you look fore of the fridge, you will find an air duck reaching the compressor compartment giving you more room to cool the compressor. One could possibly repositon the compressor or a fan here on the cupboard plywood extension reaching out from under the seat. 

Keep your fridge as dry as possible. The humidity will condensate on the evaporator and create more problems.

You could also have humidity in your freon system too. The humidity will freeze and restrict the freon. If you call a technician, ask him to bleed the system before refilling. According to Isotherm, You should have a pressure of 6 psi when fridge is on and between 50 to 60 psi when turned off.

Bruno

Hanse 400, 2010 Hull 660, Canadian flag sailing Lake Champlain, VT USA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12