myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MAGNUM 1 View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAGNUM 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 388
    Posted: 03 May 2018 at 08:23
Swim platform and helm seats too are additional options and have to be payed as extra.
The bottle with gas is now located in the left box, where the lines are stored.
Liferaft shall be placed under the floor.
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 05:35
Had my first look at the exterior of the 388 yesterday. Whilst I like the additional glass on the cabin roof and the additional hull port,I cannot really see the need for all the extra glass in the companionway which loses the useful storage spaces.
I hadn't appreciated that the stern is totally open (no swim platform on the model I viewed) and I feel I would miss the helm seat here. Not sure where the life raft storage and gas bottle locker have been moved to.
Incidentally, I am at the Greifswald yard and there are still at least two 385 models (#507 and #509) ready for delivery or collection by their new owners.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
MAGNUM 1 View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAGNUM 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2018 at 21:35
only one remark:

on Monday last week  Bavaria has announced to be insolvent ...

Mr Bluesky View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bluesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2018 at 15:50
Magnum, Looking at that I think I’d rather be on boat ‘B’ than boat ‘A’ so I’ll stick with my 385, although being a 2016 vintage is CAT A 🤔

S&J, Interlude had an amazing blog, they are an inspiration to us coastal cruisers. We keep a blog for our own amusement, you can see how we cope with <4m waves around Britain this season @ mrblueskysite.wordpress.com
Mr Blue Sky - 385 #359 - Sail safe sail Hanse.
Snow White View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2018 at 14:13
@MAGNUM 1,
Just for the principle....
Have a good Day.
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2018 at 13:50
Hi Adrian,

I'm a little behind you, still in the Baltic 3 years after taking ownership, however I am returning to the UK this spring.  I am considering a circumnavigation of Great Britain next year so I am keen to hear more about your own experiences this year.

I also agree that the category A/B issue should not affect the majority of owners who will rarely be more than 24 hours from land.

And we do know that "Interlude" made it from Greifswald to Sydney - a terrific achievement.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Mr Bluesky View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bluesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 18:55
I suggest unless we intend to head into the roaring forties, or navigate Cape Horn, a 385 or 388 will be more than sufficient. It’s an ideal boat for coastal cruising, or even for a gentle drift across the Atlantic. My 385 has taken me quite sedately around the Baltic, through the North Sea, sailed extensively in the English Channel and navigated the Atlantic Coast of France numerous times. I hope to circumnavigate The British Isles in coming months, it’s not too big for most Harbours, and plenty sturdy enough in the WAZ of the British Coast. Not heard of one breaking up or loosing a keel yet either. Bon Voyage, Mr Blue Sky.
Mr Blue Sky - 385 #359 - Sail safe sail Hanse.
MAGNUM 1 View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAGNUM 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 18:00
The 388 is filed in the categories A and B either. It depends on number of people on board.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 16:30
Sorry,
The 388 is now filed in category A WITH the additional keel weight...
Not concern the 348.
Have a good Day.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 14:52
Hi All,
I don't know...  I am in possession of the owner manuals of the 348 and 388.
About the CE design categories, yes, the 348 remains in category B despite an increase in
keel weight (+-250 Kgs).
The 388 is now filed in A, but ONLY in the classic mast version.  The furling mast version
REMAINS in B !
The prices announced by HANSE in Düsseldorf have already been increased by 2% two months ago...
Also changed for a few options (more in higher).  Funny politics !
If interested, I have the Düsseldorf prices of all Hanse units on a Excel sheet... 
Have a good Day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>