myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Cruising
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#hansesally Out’n’About

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #hansesally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 07:59
Originally posted by Johan Hackman Johan Hackman wrote:

It looks cosy though. Very nice.

Thanks Johan! I´m sure we will enjoy it once the rain and more typical associated Danish summer weather sets in ;-)

Next thing on the 'to do' list is to replace all of the running rigging with various types of Dyneema from Gleistein. There should be a couple of 'fun' re-fit hours of work there...

#hansesally
H342
c/n 295
Denmark
Russplatt View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russplatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 15:21
Hi
I know that this question has come up before but always looking for other opinions. Could you post the lengths and diameters of the lines that you purchased?
Thanks
Russ
#hansesally View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #hansesally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 18:08
Originally posted by Russplatt Russplatt wrote:

Could you post the lengths and diameters of the lines that you purchased?

Hi Russ! Thanks for your interest.

This is what I´ve used for refitting:

Fok Halyard33m10mmGleistein RACE XP 3200 daN
Main Halyard33m10mmGleistein RACE XP 3200 daN
Fok Sheet25m12mmGleistein GEMINI X SPORT 3200 daN
Outhaul10m10mmGleistein Rope CRUISE XP 3200 daN
Downhaul10m8mmGleistein RACE XP 1750 daN
Topping lift33m6mmGleistein CUP780 daN
Backstay7m11mmGleistein DYNA ONE 7980 daN
Reef 125m10mmGleistein CUP2200 daN
Reef 218m10mmGleistein CUP2200 daN
Main Sheet30m10mmGleistein GEMINI X SPORT2350 daN

Edited by #hansesally - 17 May 2018 at 18:08
#hansesally
H342
c/n 295
Denmark
Russplatt View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russplatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:04
Many thanks - very helpful. I like how you have reduced some of the diameters. Assume that you used SVB24. The reviews of the rope seem very positive. Some report splicing is difficult.

Good luck with the installation. It will be interesting to hear how you find the ropes in use.

All best

Russ
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 20:31
I have just replaced my 12mm braid-on-braid jib sheet with 10mm Race XP.  The new rope is very stiff but it has significantly reduced friction and made furling the sail so much easier.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #hansesally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 17:21
Originally posted by Russplatt Russplatt wrote:

Assume that you used SVB24. The reviews of the rope seem very positive. Some report splicing is difficult.

Good luck with the installation. It will be interesting to hear how you find the ropes in use.

Yes, I purchased all the Gleistein stuff via SVB. I have used Gleistein for a number of years and found the quality to be very good.

We did a short sail yesterday (in very light winds) to test the new running rigging. All went well exept for the 'topping lift' which had become stuck between the two wheels at the top of the mast (of course!). Never had a problem with this before (also used 6mm previously), so I gather it must have been a moment of bad luck! Never the less, I need to climb the mast sometime soon...
#hansesally
H342
c/n 295
Denmark
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #hansesally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 17:29
Originally posted by S&J S&J wrote:

I have just replaced my 12mm braid-on-braid jib sheet with 10mm Race XP.  The new rope is very stiff but it has significantly reduced friction and made furling the sail so much easier.

I thought about reducing from 12mm to 10mm but decided to stay with the former. I'm sure 10mm is just fine, I will probably reduce from 12 to 10 next time.
#hansesally
H342
c/n 295
Denmark
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #hansesally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 17:37
The weather around Copenhagen has been absolutely magnificent for most of May. After a short sail yesterday we shared a beer and enjoyed the sun in the cockpit.

Just before sunset we raised the cockpit tent and turned the navigation tablet 180 degrees so we could watch the Ice Hockey World Cup final. Congratz to Sweden! 

#hansesally
H342
c/n 295
Denmark
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #hansesally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 14:20
Just replaced the faucet in the head. Nice to have water flowing again in a nice steady stream.

#hansesally
H342
c/n 295
Denmark
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 21:27
Is the new one identical or does it lack the shower handle? It is a bit hard to tell from the picture.

I replaced the galley faucet and got a much posher boat. I might consider doing the same thing in the heads.

Johan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>