myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading from NSS 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seileren1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 21:12
Hi Sailkoop,

Did you change both your master and your slave unit for two similar BG units?

Cheers

Edited by seileren1 - 05 December 2017 at 21:14
sailkoop View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailkoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 06:40
Hello,
I changed both into one! I installed a 12' Zeus in the Cockpit and using the WiFi for mirroring it to the iPad. That works perfect for me. 
best regards

Bjoern

High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 20:46
Originally posted by High Time High Time wrote:

Further to my previous post (above), the link you need to the NSS 8 Software Update process is here.

I updated my NSS8 around 2013/14 where the addition of WiFi suppport was the main improvement. This latest update (July 2014!) doesn't mention WiFi because it's already included in the previous build. The update is a complete software reload so all previous updates (even if you missed them) should be included.

I haven't updated my system with V3 yet so will try it next week. I'll report if there are any problems but I'm not anticipating any.

As expected the update of my NSS8 to V3 firmware was completed without problem at the weekend.

To confirm, V2 firmware (mid 2013) first included support for GoFree  wifi. This same support is included in V3. If all you want to achieve is mirroring of the NSS8 (both display and control) over wifi then all you need to do is update your NSS to V3 (at zero cost).  Smile  You will, of course, also need a GoFree unit (or equivalent).

Edited by High Time - 12 December 2017 at 20:50
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
seileren1 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seileren1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 08:16
So I updated my NSS 8 to v3, resulting in a lost radar functionality.

I can now see the GoFree unit on the NSS 8, But the GoFree app «link» does not connect to it. The GoFree unit is connected to the IPad Wifi though.

Suggestions?
seileren1 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seileren1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 09:27
When I run the DHCP probe in the menu I get the following error vide: «wam: received unexpected response on interface eth0 from BootP/DHCP server with IP source 192.168.0.1 (ether src 0:42:42:0:e9:31). «

The ip adress is the GoFree IP adress
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 10:07
V3 should not upset the radar function. It is more likely to be a wiring issue.

When you connected the GoFree did you disturb the radar ethernet connection? Both the radar and the GoFree need ethernet connection to the NSS8. I think this probably needs an ethernet expansion switch. I can't be certain as I don't have a GoFree but someone (Fendant maybe) should be along shortly to give you more details about GoFree woring.

Merry Christmas.
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
seileren1 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seileren1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 12:33
Thanks for the advice, after further reseach and an error message on the nss8 ( «update to new radar sofware»), the solution for the radar issue could be to update the software. The radar is pre 2014 and there is a patch on Simrads HomePage. I keep you poster about the progress on the radar issue.

GoFree is still a mystery...

Cheers
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 10:02
Originally posted by seileren1 seileren1 wrote:

. . . . . the solution for the radar issue could be to update the software. 
GoFree is still a mystery...

You could be right. I remember updating my radar in early 2013 with version 3.0.38 (which is still the current version for the pre 2014 radar). The notes for that update mention GoFree so I guess it is needed for GoFree AND radar to work on the same NSS. V2 and/or V3 NSS updates should then allow the radar and GoFree to work together.

Is your radar a 3. or a 4. (post Oct 2014)? There is a different update for each (you probably already know this now).

I'm afraid I still have no idea about the GoFree.
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
seileren1 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seileren1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 11:17
Hi all,

just to let you know, the radarupgrade went well and I do now have 100% functionality.

The GoFree however does not work, maybe Navico was right in that the NSS from 2012 is not compatible...

Cheers
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 15:02
Hej Seileren,

did you succeed to connect the gofree module with the Ethernet cable to your NSS8?  If your ipad "sees" the gofree you still need to enter the wifi passcode from the gofree module. Do you see the "NNS8" logo on the start-up Screen.

Please be patient, the Simrad software is not the fastest things afloat. It sometimes takes minutes rather than seconds to respond. Under actual use econditions it is ok, the slowgo is always in the Startup Phase.

Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>