myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 311 / 312 / 315
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Furling line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Furling line
    Posted: 01 June 2018 at 07:22
Hi all,

What system/device do You use to lock the furling line in the cockpit end?
Regards

Peter

—————————————————

S/Y Schisslaweng, Hanse 312, #212
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 08:12
I am surprised that Hanse do not provide any mechanism for this.
I have added an additional padeye and use a Spinlock BRS jamming block.
I have a second (larger) block for my asymmetric spinnaker sheets.  I rarely need to lock the spinnaker sheet on port tack when I just use the winch, but I use my jib sheet control as my spinnaker tack line so on starboard tack I do need to lock off the spinnaker sheet when adjusting the tack on the winch.

H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
cptgood View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 10:33
I use  the mooring cleat when sailing then ,when I have to moor,  I fixed a cleat like the one below on the pushpit and use that when stj is furled. 

Hanse320 - Hull#127/08 - Wheel - ST headsail - Yanmar 3YM30 - SD20
jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 13:47
I don't have any pictures but I have mounted a jammer close to the rail (in the position S&J has the forward padeye/block) and then a block in the free eye in the pushpit. I have my spinnacker/Gennacker block in the same eye. I have a Hanse 400 and it works wery well since I have in total 4 winches for sheeting (2 for German mainsheet and 2 for my Genua). For flexibility I have jammers for my main sheet and can use that winch for Gennacker and furling line.
Jesper
Hanse 400e
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 21:14
S&J
I have taken the tack line back to a pulley on the toerail and this is positioned so that the rope can then go up to the starboard (jib) cabin top winch, as this is not in use when the spinnaker is up.

See
http://www.myhanse.com/bullseye-for-tackline_topic10634_post89234.html?KW=tack#89234
Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
 Post Reply Post Reply