myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 505/508
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vitrifrigo Fridge Drawer and Freezer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alesea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitrifrigo Fridge Drawer and Freezer
    Posted: 03 June 2018 at 10:49
Looking for help/advice. We have a dual fridge drawer and separate freezer drawer on Alesea. We are currently in Turkey and anticipating another hot season in the med. Both units struggled last year. This year we have placed some insulation on top of the cabinetry above the freezer to keep the direct sun heat off. We’re wondering what other people have done to improve the efficiency of both units in the heat. Better insulation? Fans on the compressor? The instruction manual says to vacuum the compressor annually - any one do this (which would involve unscrewing and removing the units to access), and if so, any surprises behind there? At this stage we are contemplating turning the freezer off completely for the hottest months, which would be at great sacrifice as we enjoy ice in our drinks 😉. Any advice greatly appreciated! Kate.
Alesea Hanse 505 NZL9464
SausalitoDave View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SausalitoDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 04:44
I do suggest you slide the units out, insulate around them (there have been several recent posts on this topic) and clean the coils.  I am also not sure how much air flow is available to the compressor, you might want to check if it is blocked or can be improved.  All that said, I reported in an earlier post that my refrigeration two-drawer unit slid out completely on a rough port tack.  The screws that hold it in were short and barely screwed into the pressed board that makes up the box. While I was in there, I added some extra wood and longer screws.  You might keep that in mind, as once removed, you will further weaken an already weak system.

Dave
Festina Lente
Hanse 505-17  
Alesea View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alesea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 07:53
Thanks Dave. Yes, i’ve been reading the insulation post with interest and it was actually your earlier post that had me reluctant to unscrew and remove the units. I’ll leave it a couple of weeks until we’re in Marmaris where we can get some supplies and start deconstructing then. Out of interest, have you found a solution to secure your two drawers individually? Lashing would be a solution but I’d like something more user friendly for our 11yo daughter. I see Vitrifrigo now produce the drawers with built in pull handles which lock the drawers in place individually - good to see they’ve addressed the problem going forward.
Kate
Alesea Hanse 505 NZL9464
IbSkaale View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbSkaale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 16:23
What about changing to a household cabinet like http://scandomestic.dk/EN/household/combis/skf-500-koleskab-uk
Ib Skaale
 Post Reply Post Reply