myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electrical Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilkhanse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electrical Panel
    Posted: 19 June 2018 at 23:33
I am having issues with my electrical panel. My boat is a 2013 model year, and the rocker switches are acting in an odd manner. The led light on the switch for the refrigerator turned off when the switch was in the on position. When the light was off, the whole circuit was off (refrig not working). I checked the wires on the back of the panel and all connections are secure. When I tap on the front of the panel, the light will sometimes come on and the refrig works fine. Now the same thing seems to be happening with one of the lighting circuits. Any ideas here? Is anyone else having similar issues? Wondering if I can just get some rocker switches or if the whole panel needs to be replaced. Thanks.
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 07:57
Do you have the Würth panel or the older Calira Version ?
Frank
Ilkhanse View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilkhanse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 02:26
Pretty sure it’s the older version. It doesn’t have the picture of the sailboat on it that I have seen on some panels. It has a series of rocker switches with a green LED beside each switch. If the switch is on, the LED lights up indicating the circuit is powered up. I can’t shrink the size of the pic on my phone, but if I do, I’ll post a picture.
Ilkhanse View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilkhanse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 02:37
Definitely the Calira version.
Joey D View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 11:59
Wonder with my 2014 Hanse 415 when connected to shore power do I need the DC panel on and that fuse in on to run my refrigerator?  Is the refrigerator both an AC and DC so it is pulling power from shore connection and not the batteries??  Thank you
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 12:44
I think you will find that the fridge only runs on 12V so you definitely need the DC panel on and fuse in place
The fridge runs off the batteries.
The shore power charges the batteries.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Joey D View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 12:55
Another mystery solved! 4 months of ownership and getting more and more comfortable thanks to you and others. Much appreciated  
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 13:00
Very few of the electrical items on the boat run on 240V. On mine, only the hot water heater, although on larger boats there may be some other items.
So everything that runs without shore power probably runs on 12V and the primary job of the shore power is to charfe the batteries.
Of course shore power also gives you the ability to plug in household items (kettle, toaster, fan heater in my case) using the 240V sockets.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 13:13
Hi Joey,

the fridge runs only on 12 V DC via the service bank. When on shore power the charger compensates for the amps draw from the fridge.
Be aware that the fridge has a built in discharge protectors, which switches the fridge off when the voltage drops below 11 Volt ( 10.6 Vb - 11.0 V ). If you have AGM batteries, this setting is too low and the batteriebank is destroyed, as it should not drop below 12.0 Volt.  Unfortunately you can not adjust this setting on the fridge for AGM's. If you have an issue with unreliable power supply in you marina or with "friendly" visitors unplugging your shore power you need to install a "battery guard" which you can set to 12.5 Volt. This is an easy job, insert it between the plug on the siwtch board and the orgiginal cable to the fridge. Takes less than 10 minutes
Frank
Joey D View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 19:30
Hi Frank,

I'm going to go that route, thanks for the insight. 

Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>