myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electrical Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 19:38
On my DC panel my diesel fuel is always reading 100%, does anyone have advise how to fix?
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 20:12
Originally posted by Joey D Joey D wrote:

On my DC panel my diesel fuel is always reading 100%, does anyone have advise how to fix?

If you let the tank run down to less than half full your gauge may start reading. I can run my engine for 40+ hours before the gauge registers any use. The gauge reading then drops quite quickly as the other half of the tank is used.  

If you have run your engine for more than 50 hours before fill up without the gauge registering then the sensor may be faulty (probably stuck).

Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Joey D View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 20:27
I have been running the boat (new to me) for a few months before realizing it did not move.  I recently filled the tank with 12 gals.  I will now be able to keep track manually and see if and when it does start to read.  Thanks   Joe 
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2018 at 07:44
Hi Joey, this might be due to the crappy automotive mechanical sensor Hanse fits into the fuel tank.
I had the same problem and replaced fuel and water sensors by magnetic ones. They are drop in interchangeable, its a 10 min job.
When I did this fuel level dropped from 100% to 70% on the panel display.

Frank
Koppiekrou View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2018 at 09:08
Well mine was reading the voltage ok but diesel and water not. I througt it was the crappy pink wire next to the batteries. But without changing anything it now reads nothing. The pointer does not move a bit. Normally I can read the voltage but ... nothing?

Anyone has got an idea?
291 4Ever - 341 Eternal Flame and now a Hanse 371 '05 Karma - Shoal draft - 2 cabin - 40hp - Variprofile
Matt View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2018 at 02:12
Can I ask what was the brand and model of magnetic sensor used to replace the OEM mechanical one?
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2018 at 14:11
Hi Matt,
you can take either ww.wmo.no or www.philippi-onlinde.de
I used the latter and bought TGT for the fuel tank and TGW for the fresh water. You have to measure the tank height and order accordingly.
Be aware that Hanse uses the European standard 30 - 180 Ohm.

Frank
Matt View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 03:49
Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12