myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 341 / 342
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keel width at the bottom?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keel width at the bottom?
    Posted: 30 October 2018 at 21:37
Which of the 2 dimensions do you want;  the actual length of the mast or the total height of the mast when it is rigged in the yacht?

The latter, the height of the mast when the yacht is in the water is given as 16.05m above the waterline. 
Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
Jacques View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2018 at 11:35
Bonjour
Pourriez vous me donner la dimension du māt ( hauteur) du 342?
Merci!
Jacques
skipper View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 00:37
A million thanks for your help.
I also believe that a shallow keel is a bit wider compared with the standard keel.
I am now confident that the lorry driver that have a lorry supporting up to 40 cm keel width can be engaged.

Edited by skipper - 24 June 2018 at 00:39
Cheers,
Skipper
Former owner of Hanse 342 2005 (Sparcraft mast, white hull, wheel steering, deep draft keel, short rudder)
echoofwight View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echoofwight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2018 at 08:06
My 341 is about 30cm but I have never actually measured it,
Steve. Hanse 341 Echo of Wight, . Deep draft and rudder, white hull, Single aft cabin. Raymarine instruments. Raymarine radar. Garmin AIS. Wheel Steering,   Portsmouth.
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2018 at 15:57
From a quick look at a photo of my 341 on its cradle, I reckon the keel width is around 35cm, but my yacht is a shallow draft boat, which I think has a larger bulb on the bottom of the keel than a deep keel version.
Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 22:17
Our Hanse 370 Keel ist about 30cm wide at the bulb.

BR Thomas
Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
skipper View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 16:07
Does anyone know the keel width at the lower end (bottom)?

The reason I am asking is that a lorry transport company support keel width up to 40 centimeter and I must admit I have never measured the keel before.

Cheers,
Skipper
Former owner of Hanse 342 2005 (Sparcraft mast, white hull, wheel steering, deep draft keel, short rudder)
 Post Reply Post Reply