myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simrad IS 20 wind

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simrad IS 20 wind
    Posted: 30 July 2018 at 21:01
'Cause I can't find complaints about the IS 20 windmeter on this forum, am I the only one with this problem? The LCD display turns black when the sun is shining on it, even after a few minutes. As soon as the sun isn't shining directly on the meter, the lcd comes back in a normal state. Is this just mine or does every IS 20 wind has the same problem? (then there is no need to search for a new one). 

#004|Jefa DD1|ACU200|EV1|P70|Raymarine E7|Axiom Pro9s|B&G displays|Emtrak transponder|Lewmar traveller|Dyneema|Flexofold|Carbon pole|ball bearing genoacars|Membrame sails|Spi and asym spi|N2K->Wifi
astarte View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astarte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 07:53
I have the same problem
Kristoffer
Hanse 370e #412
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 08:17
I have same problem and a guess to the reason.

BTW. Just in case you didn't know. Search on this forum is set to last six month by default.
You should change this before searching anything.

The needle in Simrad IS20 Wind can get loose on its axle.
The fix is to press hard on the glass on the intrument and then it gets fixed.
But this pressure might also damage the LCD.
Mine does the same. When sailing with the sun in from behind it will turn dark. I only use it for wind strength meassurent. So in this situation I will put on the cover.
With the B&G Zeus3 I have wind/tach angles there. Just need to set the Zeus3 to show wind strength also.
Infact the it was a easy swap from Simrad cx33 to Zeus3. I only needed a converter-cable. The Zeus3 connects to all the other instruments and it even did an firmware update of the instruments that needed that.
I plan to skip the IS20 wind as this forum has lots of posts with issues.
/h8jer
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
cptgood View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 10:15
Hi,
same is mine.
BTW..my windmeter is stuck below 15 kts..anybody has ever opened the windmeter in order to check/change the inside bearings)?
thanks
Hanse320 - Hull#127/08 - Wheel - ST headsail - Yanmar 3YM30 - SD20
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 07:55

Originally posted by mystudio mystudio wrote:

'Cause I can't find complaints about the IS 20 windmeter on this forum, am I the only one with this problem? 

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 07:56
There are many posts about the IS20 Wind. Here's a thread  I started about how to find an alternative to the IS20 display in 2011. I had found that there was no remedy to the problem with the instrument showing the wrong wind angle. 
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 07:57
After much research I replaced the display with Furuno's wind instrument. 

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 08:02
B&G Triton.
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 08:03
... is an alternative these days.
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 08:06
Please read my last five comments as one post! I got the message that my post needed to be moderated and I have just spent ages to find out what in my post needed supervision. I then just tried to slice it down to parts to see where it went wrong and got stuck with the message that spamming is not allowed!

Johan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>