myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Port GPS mushroom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Port GPS mushroom
    Posted: 06 September 2018 at 10:51
In replacing all of my B&G kit following a lightning strike (see earlier post) we are struggling to see how to replace the port side gps mushroom. There's no access from above, unlike the smaller one on the starboard side, and although I can just see three bolts when I stick my head through into the port stern void from the aft cabin, even a fully trained monkey would struggle to undo them. Is brute force the only answer here or am I missing something?
415 Singapore View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2018 at 14:39
Hi, we had to replace ours too following our lightning strike. You are right about the trained monkey, but that is how it is done. The only saving grace was that the original nuts had not been done up very tight probably because of the access issue. It isn’t comfortable or fun but you can climb into the lazarette to access it
Good luck
Paul
Paul - Night Train - 415 #136
ariette View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 12:23
You are right. Still getting over the effort. Thanks Paul
Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply