myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 575/588
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vang

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote German Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vang
    Posted: 14 September 2018 at 15:50
I am changing the fixing of the boom base on my boat and decided to share, since this can be dangerous, due to the heavy load. As you can see, I lost the head of three fixing points.

Did anyone make this change already?
German View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote German Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 15:58
I am sorry. The picture did not go through. Will try again later
German View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote German Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 16:05
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 18:55
Hello
IMO this is not a issue of heavy loads but looking close to the picture ( paint is peeling off the mast and connection fitting and the condition of the surface of the rivet hole)a corrosion issue between different materials like allu and S.S. and not using isolation.
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
Ratbasher View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratbasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 07:51
Strongly support Wild's opinion.  I'd drill out the rivets, examine the metals and re-attach with isolation sealant.  I'm curious as to how this corrosion could have started as the metals most certainly would have been isolated from build if they are original parts.  Perhaps the vang fitting was removed at a previous time and not re-fitted correctly?  Worth thinking about the cause anyway.
H400 (2008) 'Wight Leopard', Gosport UK
German View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote German Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 18:01
Thank you. Will check and let you know.
 Post Reply Post Reply