myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simrad IS 40 Removal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simrad IS 40 Removal
    Posted: 26 October 2018 at 14:29
I want to connect a my Volvo engine with the Simnet in order to have the engine data available on the MFD. I found a 200 $ solution from the US connecting the MDI to Simnet.
The easiest way would be to use a connection between the Volvo tachymeter and the IS 40 instruments.

Has anybody an idea how can I remove the IS 40 ?

Frank
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2018 at 17:25
Have you looked at the manual for the methods it may be installed?
http://ww2.simrad-yachting.com/Root/Simrad-Yachting-IS40/IS40-TRITON-SYSTEM_IM_EN_988-10222-002.pdf

Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2018 at 17:39
Hi Steve, yes I did.  The most likely mounting method is the snap in one.
I have not figured out, how I can get it out.
Frank
Peter Russell View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2018 at 19:50
On my 370 I replaced the instruments with IS40.  IIRC I can access the back of the instruments through the locker.  That may be an option to see how they are fitted to the hull.  There is also enough room around mine to work on them without removing the instrument.
Peter Russell

Hanse 370 hull 499 "Outnumbered"

http://outnumbered.the-russells.net
Johny View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 14:58
Hi, could you please supply details about the 200$ solution for connecting the MDI to the simnet ?
Thanks
Johny
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2018 at 03:39
Hi Johny, here is the link to their website: http://www.yachtd.com/

Unfortunately my boat is on the hard an awaits the 1st snowfall. I have ordered the module YDEG-04N ( Volvo) and the NMEA 2000 - Simnet cable from their German distributor Busse Yachtshop in Kiel. Will report when I have installed everything in  ~April. Both companies have been very helpful and respond quickly to my questions.
I intend to install the gateway at the tachymeter panel and the connect into the simnet above where the IS40 instruments sit. Still don't know how the remove the IS40 DisapproveQuestion Then it would be a 1hr job
BR
Frank
Frank
richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2018 at 21:13
Hi Frank, I remember from an old thread on this forum that you only need to twist it counter clockwise.
Once you are done, please don’t forget to post a full “how to do it” instructions list as I am also interested in this device.

richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2018 at 21:18

richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2018 at 21:25
link
Hope is working now

S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2018 at 14:20
I have also installed the Yacht Devices Engine Gateway. It was simple enough to connect the device to the Volvo rev counter as described in the product documentation.
I needed a Micro-c cable to connect the actual device into my Nmea2k backbone. On the 385 there is a nema "junction" box adjacent to the Triton display head and autopilot control. I think I was able to access this from the rear hatch in the starboard cockpit locker (single aft cabin version).
I did try to remove my starboard Triton without success. It did not want to "twist off" and I could not access the rear to see if there was a backing plate. My port Triton (which did have a backing plate) was easier to remove from the port cockpit locker and has now been replaced by a Vulcan 7.
I also have the yacht devices voyage recorder. Lots of data generated from that and also simple to install.

Edited by S&J - 03 December 2018 at 14:25
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>