myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jib Sheet 2:1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 05:11
Have changed the sheet for some 10mm dyneema which now seems to furl and unfurl much more easily so thanks for the good advice. The 10mm sheet does slip through the cam which will need changing as the next job!

Axel View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2021 at 12:21
Next April I will be at my 385 after a long time. Does anybody know the size of the block which is directly at the jib? It is from Selden.

I will change the sheet to 10 mm Race XP.

Greetings Axel 
Hanse 385 #434 Nyanga 2
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2021 at 14:14
If you mean the block on the clew of the sail, I used a Selden block which was the same size as all the rest of the mast-foot blocks (except for the mainsheet which were larger).  I "think" this was a PBB60 but can't be sure.

If I was starting again might use a dyneema strop with a high load / low friction eye.  Something like:

H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12