myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 345/348
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Companionway Drop Board Size (345)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrocDundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Companionway Drop Board Size (345)
    Posted: 21 December 2018 at 09:18
Greetings all - new post by new 345 owner.

Looks like a great forum and community. We have a 345 currently on the Hamble on the Solent, and she will be transferred to a more permanent berth on the west coast in Scotland in the spring. 

Requesting assistance if anyone knows (or is living on their yacht and can measure) the dimensions of the heavy perspex drop hatch board on the 345 (our model year is 2013). I am guessing I need total height in mm, top width in mm, bottom width in mm (with both the latter measurements made as if the corners had not been rounded). 

The depth is 10mm or 12mm?

Thanks in advance. I have another question about windlass breaker, but that can wait. 
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2018 at 04:32
Hi Croc,
Welcome to Hanse and the forum. You're not an Aussie are you?
I can't help with the washboard but I am I interested in your plans for next year. I am also currently (ashore) in the Solent and hope to head up to Scotland for season in the Spring. It might be good to exchange plans.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
CrocDundee View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrocDundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2018 at 21:21
Great a response. I am hoping I can answer the washboard question myself in a few days. 

Aussie? - no mostly Dundonian, NZ and a little bit of Australia (Canberra). 

Spring travels - yes our Solent berth finishes at the end of March and we have a berth in Portavadie from early May. So our current plans involve "keepturningright" sailing along the south coast and then up the west coast in April. Maybe a few weeks later depending on the weather and our commitments. I have work to coordinate as well, although my co-skipper is a little more flexible and may engage in various holidays en-route. 

Perhaps we should start a new thread - The great migration North. 

Magicol View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magicol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2018 at 23:15
Helllo Croc
Yes, welcome to Hanse and the 345 in particular. We too have recently acquired a 345 and are based on the Clyde. We are probably biased but think it is a terrific boat, ideal for Scotland’s west coast.
Also, Portavadie has been a frequent destination for us this year, you will find it sheltered, well equipped and very welcoming.
I will be down checking our boat in the next week or so; if you still need the measurements for the hatch drop board I can get them for you then. In the meantime, good luck planning the passage north!
Hanse 345 #237 based on the Clyde
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrocDundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2018 at 09:07
Another 345 in Scotland! How many in Scotland, I wonder? We know the east coast harbours - Anstruther, Tayport and Arbroath, but don't recall seeing any this side. Bit shallow at times, of course. 

The alternative washboard idea is just to have a lighter one when aboard in the winter in the marina. The heavy one fair clunks around and does not fit on top of the sliding hatch for us. 

Yes seems like a great boat (we hope). Big, but not too big. Well equipped, fast enough & good sail handling. Twin wheels, swimming (!) platform and self-tacking are particularly sweet. We are "Tenacious", hull number 010, which in Hanse speak is hull #1, I think. 

My windlass question was - does a windlass breaker/switch/overload reset exist on the 345? If so, where is it? Maybe it does not exist and we just need to be careful. 

Thanks all
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrocDundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2018 at 20:22
Me again, now with the measurements from our own 345 (2013 model). 

Washboard - height 540mm, width bottom - 590mm, width top 625mm. 10mm thick.

Our 5 spoke stainless wheels are 900mm (outer diameter), 25mm diameter tube, 30mm with leather on. Centres of 80mm.

Pushpit tube is 25mm diameter and table tube is 30mm. 

Estimating the dyneema bridles for the mainsheet mod, needs to be about 1600mm each (2 required). 

The top of our outboard (Honda 2.3) is 400 long by 250mm wide and 220mm high before taper under hood. 

That is all the measurements I need for the moment, I think. I do fancy making up some folding doors for the companionway. Other measurements are for covers. 

RalphK View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RalphK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 18:19
CrocDundee,

Re: Windlass breaker
There should be a fuse (a melting one, not an automatic breaker) on the large PCB board behind the cushion of the navigation table seat above the batteries, at least on my 385, see pic and yellow mark

Make sure to have spare fuses aboard.
Best regards.

Ralph
SY Wind Pearl, Hanse 385#358
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 04:29
On a 345 it is a 100 A fuse. Normally Hanse supplies these spare high amp fuses in the spare parts box.
Frank
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 16:37
If you making up a new washboard, then consider making it up in 2 or even 3 pieces.  Then you can slot them in and out easily when you are running downwind and you have been unlucky enough to find a rainy day in Scotland.

I have just made a couple up in 6mm ply just for this purpose.
Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrocDundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 20:12
Thanks all for the information. We will get some spare 100 A fuses, and contemplate the surely rare probability of rainy days in Scotland. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>