myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - South Coast England to West Coast Scotland - soon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South Coast England to West Coast Scotland - soon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pangani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 18:00
Croc - I used Halcyon for an owner assisted delivery of my 320 from Hamble to James Watt Dock Marina at the end of March. 4 crew in total manning 2 hour watches.  It took us 6 days with one overnight in Dun Laoghaire, as we arrived after the fuel berth had closed. No one was grumbling about the stopover however as we had a 'choppy'Dead crossing of the Irish Sea the previous night with a F6 on the nose all the way. Everything went well but the Hanse standard fit fuel gauge, which isn't terribly accurate, did cause some concern. But once I checked the Yanmar consumption curve we optimised the revs and worked out what we were using, and what was left in the tank, fairly accurately.
It is a great passage during which you'll get a good feeling for how the boat handles and the things you need to address when you get to your home port eg clipping on points aren't in the best location on the 320 nor are there dedicated points for the jackstays. Enjoy the trip up!
Ratbasher View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratbasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 18:25
Samuel; Martin - many thanks. Certainly thought that would be the case but I was clutching at a straw in Samuel's post.....

Haven't seen Portavadie since it was a hole in the ground and will look forward to a visit next year. For us its probably best to over-winter somewhere more accessible to the airport like Kip, however.

H400 (2008) 'Wight Leopard', Gosport UK
CrocDundee View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrocDundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 23:50
Pangani - Sounds like a great journey. We are travelling in June and don't have to rush. I've got the time off work. Plan to pace according to weather, but we will have some longer days / overnights to make sure we get in. Impressed you travelled in March, our main issue may to too little wind, although we have a Code 0 if the wind is behind the beam. Understand about the watching the fuel. We use 2.1 L/hr at 2000 rpm apparently, so will log engine hours and hopefully remember to fill up at Gosport. 

Two of us (both sailors, shared ownership) will be on board, with maybe others for some legs. Three cabins and the saloon, so plenty of space. We have been sailing in the Solent for 6 months (once or twice a month, yes we know the M6 well) getting used to the new boat. We can also provide ratings for the showers throughout the Solent, with Berthon in Lymington confirmed as the winner. Best value was East Cowes (£20 winter rate). Highlights of our Solent sailing has been the constant boat traffic and going round the Isle of Wight.

At least one more day sailing in the Solent for us, maybe two.
Hanse 345 - Tenacious. Sailing on the Solent and now to the west coast of Scotland.
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 18:44
Hi Guys
I may have been one of the boats referred to in the initial post.  My original  plans for 2019 were to head to Scotland and probably overwinter there however my plans are now a little more modest and include a trip to SW Ireland departing Gosport on 15 June.  Until then I'll be mostly based in Gosport marina (currently J pontoon).
It would be great if other Hanses are heading west at the same time.
If you see me out and about, do come and say hello.

[As of 30 May I am on H pontoon, towards the end]

Edited by S&J - 31 May 2019 at 00:43
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 19:35
Originally posted by S&J S&J wrote:

Hi Guys
It would be great if other Hanses are heading west at the same time.
If you see me out and about, do come and say hello.

I hope that you have a "My Hanse " Forum flag & that you fly it for all to see.
That is how other Hanse owners know that you are open to visits & that you have the necessary glass of scotch waiting for them, on the utterance of the magic words of greeting.

Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
Ratbasher View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratbasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 15:46
Stuart - small world; I'm towards the end of F at Gosport. Will come say hello after I'm back 7 June if you're still around.

Iain (aka Rat)
H400 (2008) 'Wight Leopard', Gosport UK
CrocDundee View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrocDundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 23:53
OK we are underway north (well west) now. 

Here is our story:

So far so good. 

Edited by CrocDundee - 03 June 2019 at 23:54
Hanse 345 - Tenacious. Sailing on the Solent and now to the west coast of Scotland.
Scotchmist View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchmist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2019 at 14:06
Hi Stuart & Rat
I'm also on F pontoon about 2/3rds along on the 'odds'side
Andrew

Scotch Mischief Dehler 38 by Hanse
Gregor View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2019 at 19:51
Although in Dutch, but have a look at www.uisge-Beatha.eu there I write about my trip around the UK. Left from Holland a week ago and moored in Whitby for a couple of days.
Uisge Beatha

Currently sailing Dehler 36 JV (2002)
Previous boat: Hanse 311 #80

http://www.uisge-beatha.eu
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12