myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubber buffer at top of the hull

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlescornelisse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber buffer at top of the hull
    Posted: 07 March 2019 at 16:10
My Hanse 370e is from 2006. It is equipped with a rubber buffer at the top of the hull. The rubber protection is fitted in a plastic profile. This profile is damaged. Does anyone know where I could buy the same profile. 
Best regards, 
Charles Cornelisse
Netherlands
Charles Cornelisse
Esprit
Netherlands
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 08:33
Try here:

or here:

http://hanse.boatoon.com/de/ersatzteile/scheuerleiste-tr38.html?boatmodel=59

Edited by Peter-Blake - 08 March 2019 at 08:34
Blake 370
jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 15:55
the batoon shows the profile that was mounted on the older models 2005 and older. My previous boat, Hanse 371 from 2004, had those and they broke the first year when lifting the boat with to narrow slings. I got 2 new pieces from the Swedish importer. But, I have never seen a 370 with tear rubber rail, maybe it was an unusual option.
Jesper
Hanse 400e
silversailor View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silversailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 21:58
I understand that the rub rail available as original equipmeny on early 370s (2006-7) were insufficient and quickly failed.  My 370 was ordered without the rub rail but a few years ago I added one made entirely of a hard rubber product.  It's worked perfectly.
Silversailor
South Haven, MI USA
S/V Legacy
2010 Andrews 28
lukemi View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2019 at 12:48
I broke my rub rail (2007) shortly after delivery. I asked about a replacement from my local Hanse dealer at the time and was informed that the original rub rail was made by a company in Italy but was discontinued. At a later time when I painted my boat I replaced my rub rail with one from the following company. This has worked very well for me and did not crack like the original rail did.

Mike
StellaMaris

charlescornelisse View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlescornelisse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2019 at 10:01
Mike, 
Many thanks. The reference to Taco Marine was helpful.
Best regards, 
Charles Cornelisse
Charles Cornelisse
Esprit
Netherlands
charlescornelisse View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlescornelisse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2019 at 10:03
Silver Sailor, 
Thanks for your reaction.
Best regards, 
 Charles
Charles Cornelisse
Esprit
Netherlands
LauraAnna View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraAnna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 20:38
Hi Jeb,
do you remember the name of the Swedish importer?

Thanks,

Edited by LauraAnna - 18 November 2021 at 20:39
jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2021 at 07:43
LauraAnna, I got mine replaced back in 2004. Importer was the Swedish Hanse agent bryggan I väst i guess they got it from the factory. 
Jesper
Hanse 400e
Carlwasher View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlwasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2021 at 21:03
Here is the rubrail Silversailor had installed.  It has work spectacularly!! 
2006 Hanse 370e #6 Up South    Somewhere on The Great Lakes
 Post Reply Post Reply