myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Simrad NSS12 - stopped showing time in instrument
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simrad NSS12 - stopped showing time in instrument

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2019 at 19:40
Hi Frank

I can't answer for Tracks and Waypoints stored in the NSS as I keep them on a separate microsim. All my long term nav info is archived on the laptop down below. 

Correct re the reboot - just like previous software reloads. Following their instructions did not result in an <Upgrade> menu option so I reverted to the method that had worked OK for all previous upgrades.

I don't have a Navionics microsim. My NSS8 came with a pre-installed (silver?) chart covering the world. It is accurate enough for all practical purposes and has not given me any problems in 8 seasons. The microsim that I keep in the slot contains all my routes and waypoints  carefully prepared (from up to date charts) on the laptop running OpenCPN. The plotter turns on without problem with that microsim in the slot, although I haven't used it extensively yet.

Edited by High Time - 13 April 2019 at 19:41
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2019 at 13:20
Well I copied the update file. Prior install the update I checked my NSS 8 from 2013, everything was normal. I saw date and time and the exact position on the chart. Confused

Never touch a working system or doing the update anyway??  I am leaning towards waiting until the MFD does not what it is intended to do.Approve
Frank
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2019 at 15:23
Hi Frank

The old software worked OK for me (but not the Jan 2019 update) and so does the latest (April) software. It depends if you like to keep up with the latest fixes (and occasional new screw-ups like the Jan 2019 upgrade) or prefer to stay with what works and does everything you need.

Personally I like to keep up with the latest version but if you're not too technically inclined then sticking with a working system makes most sense.

You could, of course, put both versions on the SD card and choose which to load at boot time. That way you can try them both and compare, if you've got a spare half hour or so!

Your choice! 
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2019 at 16:29
my 2013 NSS12 works OK, just got back to the boat after winter.
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2019 at 17:04
Hi Mark, what do you do? Update or leave it working like it does?

Rgds
Frank
Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123