myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heel to port

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toholthe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heel to port
    Posted: 11 April 2019 at 13:20
My Hanse 400 2007 heels slightly to port. I have an stern anchor, chain and winch mounted which does not help. Anyone else experienced this?

Edited by toholthe - 11 April 2019 at 13:21
Old Racer View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2019 at 13:23
Our 320 heels to port slightly and from previous posts it is not uncommon.

It may be because we have the toilet and the locker both on the port side.

Does not seem to be an issue

John
Hanse 320 Olicana Inverkip Scotland
jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2019 at 13:53
I have a Hanse 400e from 2006 and have the same "issue". My version has the offseted bed in the forward cabin and the water tank is then offseted to port. I also have 4 batteries, 80l of black water, boiler, heater and aft windlass on port side. This is obviously not compensated by the 150l dieset tank on startboard. I'm trying to store heavy stuff on starboard side (as my gennacker, code 1 and all beer and whine bottles).

My biggest issue is not the boat leaning to starboard, its the fact that is a little bit to havy in the aft. This gives issues with the shower drain.
Jesper
Hanse 400e
toholthe View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toholthe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2019 at 17:36
Same problem with shower, but not often we shower inside.
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2019 at 17:47
If you search the post " Shower not draining wery well", you will find the opinion, that the issue with the shower drain is an error in the fibreglass construction.
Even with a full water tank, almost empty diesel tank, and the anchor locker filled with extra anchor, extra diesel and 80 meters of chain, the water still has to be manually scraped to the drain hole in my boat.
One member has even moulded a new shower floor, angling it in the correct direction, but most of us have got used to the annoying little thing.
A more annoying thing was the shower drain pump, with a filter (in a inaccesible place), which daily/weekly had to be rinsed from hair.
I lived with it for too many years, but then changed to a "Gulper" filterless pump.
Regarding the heeling to port, I have three heavy 100A AGM batteries in front of the sink, so the boat is more or less in level. I also have the offset water tank.

Edited by Captain Cook - 11 April 2019 at 18:04
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Carlosailfan View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlosailfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2019 at 06:09
Let's say, 5 mm would have done miracles Tongue. Now we have to clean every time the H 385 and wipe the water away to the drain. Not that easy with the structured floor panel but i consider it as maintenance Smile.
Room for improvement.
Best regards
/C
Ratbasher View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratbasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2019 at 09:07
Yes, I think everyone notices it the first time they use the shower but it makes little real difference when cruising.

However, if you're ever concerned about leaks it means that the best place to look is under the port-side long board in the main cabin. It takes some time for water to negotiate the small channels cut into the stringers and its possible that it'll seep up over the board in the port aft cabin before it even reaches the bilge pump.

Like Jeb I've had even more 'fun' adjusting fore and aft trim if I think that the sea state might be an issue. Any boat is a compromise but I wonder sometimes if Hanse just wanted to keep us amused....
H400 (2008) 'Wight Leopard', Gosport UK
Scotchmist View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchmist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2019 at 13:54
Try to check whether the keel is perfectly perpendicular. When out of the water measure with string or a flexible tape measure from the same place on each beam end to the bottom of the keel. You might find one measurement is longer than the other, it means the keel is offset and will induce a permanent heel. One effect of this is that the boat will sail closer on one tack, than the other or to put it another way, one tack will be faster than the other at the same wind angle.
Andrew

Scotch Mischief Dehler 38 by Hanse
mystudio View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2019 at 16:17
My 320 also healed to port. I modified the accubank from the port side to the starboard side and the problem was solved. Probably a full tank of gasoline would also have sold the problem, however, I don't like to have 140 liters of diesel in my tank because diesel spoils faster than I can use it. 
#004|Jefa DD1|ACU200|EV1|P70|Raymarine E7|Axiom Pro9s|B&G displays|Emtrak transponder|Lewmar traveller|Dyneema|Flexofold|Carbon pole|ball bearing genoacars|Membrame sails|Spi and asym spi|N2K->Wifi
jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2019 at 15:52
I have seen a pretty nice solution to the shower drain "problem" in Hanse 370/400. They simply faired the floor (maybee adding 10mm in the aft) and covered the fairing with custom made FlexiTeak. Looks really nice and FlexiTeak is also easier to dry. I had this upgrade on my to-do-list for this winter but my fridge project occupied all avalible hours. Pictures and description (in Swedish) on the Swedish Hanse Club on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1699672160051190&set=gm.803959409775517&type=3&eid=ARCsiOc2bKEkEKJCQiXkGO5ELRHwLvxqD-2O3TJx1SKV_R3-sgIx6cJmkpJhaIO6bcQhNOVlWGIWhrZf&ifg=1
Jesper
Hanse 400e
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>