myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 371
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - switching light at the companionway to red/white
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

switching light at the companionway to red/white

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: switching light at the companionway to red/white
    Posted: 13 April 2019 at 13:35
Hi,

I'm thinking of replacing the white overhead light at the top of the companionway en the one above the navstation with a 12v Red Night Lighting dome.

Has anybody done this ?  Where to buy such a lighting dome ?

Thanks,

Koen

Koppiekrou View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 08:10
Hi Koen, you can buy special red plastic which is used as a filter for spotlights. Think of drive inn discosets. These filters are square but with a scissor you can cut them in any size. 

If you find another sollution please inform me. 

Groeten, Frank
291 4Ever - 341 Eternal Flame and now a Hanse 371 '05 Karma - Shoal draft - 2 cabin - 40hp - Variprofile
scarab View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 08:54
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 20:37
Hi Koen, thank you for this update.
291 4Ever - 341 Eternal Flame and now a Hanse 371 '05 Karma - Shoal draft - 2 cabin - 40hp - Variprofile
371 Hull # 120 View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 371 Hull # 120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 16:40
All A few years back I replaced all of my halogen bulbs with what is shown in the link below.    All of my interior lights now come on with a red light.     All you have to do is toggle the switch a second time and it switches to a white light.    Works great for night sailing as everything first comes on red.   Great product, have not had to replace any yet.
Jon

https://store.marinebeam.com/9-led-dual-color-switchable-back-pin-g4-bulb/

Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 18:08
This is the one I use as well - you can get it with the pins on the back or on the side. I have it over the galley as the pic above and also in the head...

Originally posted by 371 Hull # 120 371 Hull # 120 wrote:

All A few years back I replaced all of my halogen bulbs with what is shown in the link below.    All of my interior lights now come on with a red light.     All you have to do is toggle the switch a second time and it switches to a white light.    Works great for night sailing as everything first comes on red.   Great product, have not had to replace any yet.
Jon

https://store.marinebeam.com/9-led-dual-color-switchable-back-pin-g4-bulb/

Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
Datafloh View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Datafloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 00:10
Hi everyone,

I have a silly question. My Hanse from 2005 has more integrated lights, not like on the pictures above, with a switch in the outer ring. How can I open them to change the bulb? Turn the ring anticlockwise or pull it straight down? They are very tight, so I am afraid to force and break them.
Any advices out there?

Thanks,
Christian
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 08:55
Hi Christian, I will visit Karma today. I can take a look how this works.
Lykke View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lykke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2019 at 23:14
Hi Christian, if it is the same Båtsystem downlight Nova as I have in my 430, it is just to pull the outer ring downwards. Be careful as the glass is loose and will fall down with the outer ring. 

There exists several new LED versions of the Nova downlight that are compatible with the old version. Including a Red/White option I now have used over the chart table. New from this year is a Bluetooth controllable one too that might give some cosy light in the salong... Gress I might have to consider to replace the ones over the table with that one.
Lykke, Hanse 430e, #8 from 2007
Datafloh View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Datafloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 20:14
Hi Lykke,

worked well, and I didn't break it Tongue

Thanks,
Christian
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>