myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bow thruster Max Power

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary400e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bow thruster Max Power
    Posted: 25 April 2019 at 15:42
Hi All
I have the original Max Power retractable bow thruster installed in 2007 as part of the delivery of the boat. I have last year 2018 changed the controlbox, joystick, batteries, up/down motor due to errors.
This year I'm facing problems again.
When I activate the thruster the "up" turn green - no error. But when I push the "down" I get one beep and after a few seconds - beeps !! and the I have the error.
But above happens approx. 50% of the time!
When the thruster is down, it works perfect.
Have you some surgestions to where to start?
PS I will try to conduct an "automatic" set-up according to the manual.
Is there areas where I need to grease ?
Best regards
Jesper
(Hanse 400e - Tiramisu placed in Copenhagen)
Mary400e View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary400e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2019 at 10:13
Hi All
Update, I have used the manual setup and done a lot of investigation.
The solution was to adjust the (in the control box) the "down" setting with 1/4 turn clockwise.
Now its seam to be working Smile 
BR Jesper
(Hanse 400e - Tiramisu placed in Copenhagen)
Downeaster View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2021 at 12:20
Hi - I am having a similar problem with my Compact Retract.  The boat is out of the water. 

I wanted to check the thruster before launching and I am glad I did.  The thruster lowered no problem.  The turbine works fine in both directions.  But when I tried to retract, it moved a small amount and then stopped.

Now when I cycle power, the control panel shows 'UP' when I turn it on - even though it is still in the down position.  All 3 lights flash when I try to retract.

I am hoping maybe, since it is out of the water, that there is some additional friction.  If that is the case maybe I can increase the 'UP' setting in the control box?  

I am not able to see limit switches in the manual so I assume the limits are based on current to the retract motor.  Does anyone know if that is true?

Finally - how does the unit retract?  Can I push it up into the hull or is it geared in both directions?  I see the straps which makes me think I can push it up manually.  But it doesn't seem to move freely (I didn't push too hard).  

Any suggestions?  Thank you!!!
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2021 at 22:22
I was able to get it working again by increasing the 'UP' current limit by rotating the 'UP' potentiometer a quarter turn in the control box.

FYI, the Compact Retract it doesn't have limit switches. There are definitely no connectors or wires for switches in the control box. The retractor motor itself looks very similar to an automotive window motor which also use current sense to determine when to stop. If set up correctly and tested on occasion I think it is ok. But if something jams it open, the controller will think it is in the 'UP' position - so not good.

Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 13:07
For future refence and searches on this topic I received a very helpful response back from Max-Power regarding limit switches on the unit.  So very robust system - which is good.

"The up/down servo motor of the CR model is equipped with a hall effect sensor, which count the rotations that the motor needs in order to reach its UP and DOWN positions.

After correct set-up procedure was followed and the system is in Normal Operation Mode, the calibration path taken by the leg is written at the EEPROM memory of the microcontroller.

If the thruster is not fully up, the unit will automatically raise as soon as power supply to control card is restored).

If thruster meets any abnormal resistance when lowering or raising, the system will automatically go into Manual Mode."
 Post Reply Post Reply