myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help to upgrade sail inventory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2019 at 14:09
On a Hanse 320 a 130% is not really possible because of the wide spreader based rig!
Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
mystudio View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2019 at 07:43
My choice is a 106 % HA membrame sail and a 85m2 spinnaker. The membrame had three vertical battens and is the max the 320 can do on the genoa tracks. It will differ a lot, because the far improvent space between foresail and mainsail, where the selftacking jib really loses it. 

#004|Jefa DD1|ACU200|EV1|P70|Raymarine E7|Axiom Pro9s|B&G displays|Emtrak transponder|Lewmar traveller|Dyneema|Flexofold|Carbon pole|ball bearing genoacars|Membrame sails|Spi and asym spi|N2K->Wifi
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2019 at 08:58
Looks great!

Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
FTK View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2019 at 19:37
that is great Clap

How many sqm is a 106% genoa?
320 #145
Mr Bluesky View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bluesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2019 at 19:57
To compliment my self tacker I have a code zero on a furler, great balance especially when off the wind or in slight wind.
Mr Blue Sky - 385 #359 - Sail safe sail Hanse.
Windsurfer View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 18:25
For racing you definitely need a good shaped overlaping genoa (quality made dacron will do, haven't noticed any significant difference in speed compared to Quantum membrane I tested a couple of times. Will improve a bit of an angle however). For cruising I use the selftacker most of the time, since it's so much easier when I'm on my own. I have completely reshaped the stock North jib, that was really poor shaped (like a bag actually, with no angle at all)
This boat is really slow downwind. You definitely need a full sized spi or genny to get it moving. I use a G2 North gennaker...I fly it off the sock, which is really easy, no problem handling it singlehanded. Keep in mind that you need a reliable bowsprit (do not use the anchor roller, you'll rip it off the deck).
If the wind is really calm (below 8 kts) you might want a Code 0 (Code 1)...as this is the only sail that will make you move somehow when its calm...I have tested the Code 0 from a different boat, which is a bit small for Hanse, but I really fell in love with it. This is the next sail I will buy...
Hanse 320 #079
White hull, tiller, short keel and rudder, standard North sails, Sparcraft rig
FTK View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 20:15
Hi Windsurfer,

Thanks a lot for the information, especially the anchor roller part because it was my plan that I will use it like a bowsprit Embarrassed

320 #145
Windsurfer View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 20:21
You could use the roller in really light winds up to probably 6-8 kts with a genny sailing downwind...if you use the Code 0 you will surely rip it off...You can upgrade the existing roller by welding a small stainless steel bowsprit to it and attaching a short waterstay...it will last...
Hanse 320 #079
White hull, tiller, short keel and rudder, standard North sails, Sparcraft rig
FTK View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 20:26

Thumbs Up
320 #145
mystudio View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 09:36
Originally posted by Windsurfer Windsurfer wrote:

You could use the roller in really light winds up to probably 6-8 kts with a genny sailing downwind...if you use the Code 0 you will surely rip it off...You can upgrade the existing roller by welding a small stainless steel bowsprit to it and attaching a short waterstay...it will last...

But, how to install a short waterstay? You don't have access to the bow of the boat very easy because of the anchor locker compartment. It's a huge modification I think.
#004|Jefa DD1|ACU200|EV1|P70|Raymarine E7|Axiom Pro9s|B&G displays|Emtrak transponder|Lewmar traveller|Dyneema|Flexofold|Carbon pole|ball bearing genoacars|Membrame sails|Spi and asym spi|N2K->Wifi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>