myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 341 / 342
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

System Diagram's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: System Diagram's
    Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:31
Can anyone from Hanse direct me to "as-built" freshwater system diagram for 342#514 ? 

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I can't seem to see overall schematics for the plumbing, and an overview showing exactly where individual components are located in the boat would be useful too. Tracing a freshwater leak is very difficult.

I do seem to have an electrical wiring diagram but, again, a drawing showing placement of all components in the electrical circuit and all cable routings would be very useful/

PDF's would be great.

Thanks

Alan D
Thanks

Alan D
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 11:18

I did start to draw a system diagram for my yacht, but it is on my yacht at Largs, 250 miles away.  Where is your boat kept?

From memory, the system on my 341 yacht, which has twin stern cabins and the calorifer in the stern locker, is as follows;

The system goes from the tank in the fore-cabin, through the wardrobe to the pump in the port saloon forward locker.  From there it goes under the chart table, across the yacht in the stringer to the rear of the starboard saloon locker.  There are then branches to the galley cold tap and across the yacht to the heads cold tap.  The main line then continues under the cooker and starboard berth to the calorifier in the stern locker.  I think the take-off for the stern shower is in the stern locker.

The hot water feed from the calorifier retraces the route back to the starboard saloon locker, where it splits to feed the 2 taps.

The engine cooling water feed and return to the calorifier is in the port cabin.

On my yacht, I have added a jabsco pump guard inline water filter in front of the pump in the locker.  The outlet pipe from the pump has to do a 360deg loop to get back on to the pump inlet.  I have also fitted a Jabsco water filter onto the back wall of the starboard saloon locker for the feed to the galley cold water tap only.  Even this has insulation on it to stop condensation.

Common sources of water in the yacht are

1.       Frozen cracked stern shower, as you know.

2.      Leaking pressure relief valve on the calorifier, the water from which drains to the bilge in front of the head’s door.  Mine is now piped to go overboard through the stern shower fitting

3.      Loose elbow fitting on the calorifier.  Water drains as above.

4.      Water from wet fenders can drain from the stern locker into the space on top of the inner hull moulding by the fuel tank.

5.      The drain from the cooling water anti syphon valve towards the front of the engine can get moved slightly so that it does not drain back into the sump underneath the engine.

6.      Condensation forms on the fridge cooling pipes and fridge and runs under the sink.  There are many articles on insulating this area.  Whilst you are at it, put an extra cooling fan on the pump compressor.
http://www.myhanse.com/fridge-comprressor-cooling_topic7850_post61462.html?KW=fridge#61462

7.      The outlet from the shower pump has an anti-syphon loop underneath the heads sink.  This can drain back into the shower when you switch the pump off, so I have added a small non-return valve in the pipe.  I have to take the floorboard up to access the shower pump filter, as the access hatch does not line up.

Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 13:59
I have tons of drawings of my Hanse, including the routing of the water pipes.
I did send one to Alan D by PM, but I have recieved no "thanks" yet.
I suppose that it still not is allowed to send those drawings to "Manuals and Drawings"?
Back in 2006 I shared a Hanse 400 electric diagram via this homepage, and I got banned for a while.
Is it still so?
The copyright to Hanse drawings is still owned by Hanse after 13 years I guess.

Edited by Captain Cook - 23 May 2019 at 22:44
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Alan D View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 07:40
Thank you Martin&Rene and Captain Cook.

Drawing is useful Captain C, positioning is slightly different on my 342 but basic architecture seems the same. 

I struggle to understand why in the boat documentation package Hanse supplied a layout of cabins/saloons etc, which you can perfectly well see by just opening your eyes, but not positioning drawings showing location of each device is in the plumbing and electrical circuits which is much more useful.
Thanks

Alan D
Alan D View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 16:46
Thanks vey much.
Thanks

Alan D
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 23:30
Hi Alan
Your welcome.
When you want to display the name and number of your boat, scroll up to "Member control Panel" on the top left, then add the data to "Profile Information"
Cook the Captain
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
 Post Reply Post Reply