myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 371
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top Speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top Speed
    Posted: 07 June 2019 at 15:27
Hi All,

The Hanse 371  has always had the reputation of a good sailing yacht, exciting and rewarding to sail, i have mine since 2015 and have always thoroughly enjoyed sailing her and I just want to share my experience last weekend sailing along the SW coast of ireland as, even for the Hanse, this was special, imho.

The weather conditions were marginal with 25-30kts and a big SW swell. This gave us a broad reach and we were sailing some 35NM. We set two reefs in the main and a half rolled genoa. We had an average speed of 9.2kts for the passage, with speeds regularly over 13kts topping out at 14.2kts surfing down waves.Shocked I have raced many displacement yachts in a lot of different conditions and this is as fast as it gets, particularly for a 37ft yacht. I did not think that this was possible, not only was the speed amazing but she behaved really well throughout never once burying her nose or rounding up. we have a special yacht with the 371 and one i will be happy to, hopefully, own for many years to come.

B
alettaenmarcel View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2019 at 20:10
you can do much faster than that.
We have sailed our 370 in several races and reached our top speed in 2012 surfing from the waves and did 18.7 knots and had a our average speed off 13,4.
We did this with genaker and about 25 knots wind.
I have to admit we bew our genaker to schreds....
Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
mystudio View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2019 at 20:24
Op je log neem ik aan? 
#004|Jefa DD1|ACU200|EV1|P70|Raymarine E7|Axiom Pro9s|B&G displays|Emtrak transponder|Lewmar traveller|Dyneema|Flexofold|Carbon pole|ball bearing genoacars|Membrame sails|Spi and asym spi|N2K->Wifi
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2019 at 20:57
Impressive!  I am happy with my best top speed of around 13kts surfing and 120NM average of 7kts.
But these boats  are fun to sail. On a passage outside the Friesian Islands last year I came back on deck at 2am to find my crew most reluctant to hand over the helm because he was enjoying it so much.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
alettaenmarcel View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2019 at 00:22
Originally posted by mystudio mystudio wrote:

Op je log neem ik aan? 
Yep on the log.
Was in the Cam Race a few years a go. 
Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
Koppiekrou View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2019 at 21:13
Last week we’ve sailed about an hour next to a Hanse 400 with gusts up to 25knots (60-90 degrees app). He had a really hard time to pass us. It took him almost an hour 😂😂😂 So I do think the 371 is a really good sailingboat.

We sailed with the selftacker the 400 with a high aspect 💪

Edited by Koppiekrou - 10 June 2019 at 21:14
291 4Ever - 341 Eternal Flame and now a Hanse 371 '05 Karma - Shoal draft - 2 cabin - 40hp - Variprofile
BAJJ View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 13:47
Wow, that is quick Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply