myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 300 / 301
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hanse 301 Propeller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2SAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hanse 301 Propeller
    Posted: 15 July 2019 at 11:25
The 14*8 LH fixed prop (original P/N 853346 - now P/N 21351270) on my 301 has reached the end of its life and I wonder if anyone has anything suitable in their shed to fit a 120SE Saildrive being driven by an  MD2010?  Thanks Stuart

Edited by 2SAIL - 15 July 2019 at 11:43
Serendipity - A place of unexpected pleasure
Taylor View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2019 at 18:45
Sorry no sosre . I had to buy a new one over three years ago and key part supplied a brand new one for just under £200 . It still has a shiny powder coating on its surface as I have never antifouled my Prop. 
Hanse 301 Bluenote 11
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2019 at 20:03
I have just bought a new prop... because I hit a submerged floating item in a ferry channel in Loch Ryan a few weeks ago.. it was £150
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
mjo View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2019 at 10:38
Hi,

I am pretty fine with Flexofold 14x09L.

Regards
Martin
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2019 at 15:59
Cheers.. 👍👍
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
andrush View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 19:56
Hi! has anyone got up dimensioned propeller? My issue was that while facing winds and waves from 20kn boat became really hard to control. would appreciate a lot for concrete experience.
Taylor View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 18:53
I have experienced similar problems with a clean new standard prop motoring directly into 25 plus knots of wind but with a big tide (3 to 5 knots) under us. 
Our wing keeled  boat feels under powered with a 10hp enginet in these wind against tide conditions. The boat will stop dead on the biggest waves and the wind will catch the top sides and blow the bow off to either side very easily.  In the end I found I could make better way by using a small amount of jib and motor sailing and tacking but using the engine to keep very tight on the wind.
 I just try to avoided motoring in these conditions but sometimes it can be required!  Doesn't bother me just have to live with it.

Hanse 301 Bluenote 11
andrush View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2020 at 19:34
thanks for getting back. Using jib is obvious, my issue is that berth is located in passanger port where sails aren allowed. 

so again, has anyone upscaled the propeller, if compared to original? Also fellow owners who wrote above that you have ough new ones for 150 pounds, who was the producer and maybe model number please?
 Post Reply Post Reply