myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 311 / 312 / 315
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Head / toilet hose blocked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Kittiwake View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kittiwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Head / toilet hose blocked
    Posted: 08 July 2020 at 12:34
Here's a cheap source of vinegar, easiest way to address this, just put some (0.5-1 litre) in head, flush through (but not out), close head drain seacock and leave whenever boat is going to be left for a while, the black water pipe will stay clear! 
Hanse 315 (2006) Yanmar 3YM20 shoal keel 'Kittiwake'
PRCH View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 07:20
Originally posted by KobbSkolten KobbSkolten wrote:

Originally posted by PRCH PRCH wrote:

Hi Mikkel,

The black water hose is tied together with the hose for saltwater feeding the toilet inlet. The strips are glued to the inside of the hull.

I cut as many of the strips as I could reach from the locker under the sink - and unmounted both hoses in the other end. Pulled like hell from the locker side and after a hard fight the glue gave up and both hoses could be drawn. Uncut the rest of the strips of after some fidling I had first the existing water hose and next the new black water hose back in place.

This did the trix for me, and i dont know if i would have managed whitouth this info, so thanks Smile

I am very happy to have been of help with this very important matterWacko
Regards

Peter

—————————————————

S/Y Schisslaweng, Hanse 312, #212
KobbSkolten View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KobbSkolten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 07:00
Originally posted by PRCH PRCH wrote:

Hi Mikkel,

The black water hose is tied together with the hose for saltwater feeding the toilet inlet. The strips are glued to the inside of the hull.

I cut as many of the strips as I could reach from the locker under the sink - and unmounted both hoses in the other end. Pulled like hell from the locker side and after a hard fight the glue gave up and both hoses could be drawn. Uncut the rest of the strips of after some fidling I had first the existing water hose and next the new black water hose back in place.

This did the trix for me, and i dont know if i would have managed whitouth this info, so thanks Smile
PRCH View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 12:01
Hi Mikkel,

Regards

Peter

—————————————————

samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 21:21
The fact that you asked gave me the impression that it was blocked.
Presumably that is not the case then?
Did you not get any calcium in the metal inlet piped parts of the tank?
Mine got totally blocked. Including the seacock so I could not drain it to the sea.

Edited by samuel - 14 May 2020 at 13:07
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
Ta'I Miti 2 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ta'I Miti 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 18:46
Thanks
I think I ll use the basic hose from the marina
And empty the rest in sea
Not only those who wander are lost

I've learn that the best way to learn about people is to sail with them
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 18:16
Go to a pump out station & place the extractor hose in to the deck cap.  I suggest that you use a hose (not the end of the drinking hose) to flush the tank because it will not remove everything & you will get some residue. The more you flush & suck first the better.
If you cannot do that then disconnect the hose at the bottom & as you do do not remove it fully but collect small quantities into a paint tray. ( make sure SWMBO does not mistake it for emulsion paint with the inevitable resultsDisapprove) Then you can pour that into a bucket.
If you are really quick you can get a wooden plug into the bottom outlet (you do carry emergency plugs don't you???) before you lose too much. Then unbolt the tank, Disconnect the other hoses & carry the tank outside where you can then proceed to tip it down your trousers  before disposing of the rest of it.(well that is how I did itConfused)
It really is worth taking the tank out because the stainless pipe connections also get clogged & one needs a long screwdriver & a hammer to chip out excess calcium. It is messy & better not done on the boat. It is surprising how much comes out.
I did it in the garden at home & when the wife was shopping Wink I used her hose with a snap on hoselock fitting. I poked it into the tank & the fitting decided to snap itself off inside the tank.Cry It took me over an hour with a length of wire to get it out & the job was only finished a couple of minutes before she returned from a shopping trip.
Lucky escape!!!Clap
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
Ta'I Miti 2 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ta'I Miti 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 16:05
Hello

A very stupid question

How do you empty the black water tank?

Not only those who wander are lost

I've learn that the best way to learn about people is to sail with them
MikkelF View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikkelF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 17:44
hi. 
How did you manage to get I changed.  I gave up this winter. So still have the hose ready to go.  
Hanse 312 Elvstrøm EPEX sails.
PRCH View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2020 at 08:38
I must admit, it was quite a relief Dead
Regards

Peter

—————————————————

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>