myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 575/588
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vitrifrigo sensor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitrifrigo sensor
    Posted: 29 August 2019 at 05:37
I'm putting temperature sensors in the 2 refrigerators and one freezer on my boat.   I've looked at the Vitrifrigo manual but it says nothing about a way to get them into the unit.   There are sensors for the little blue display at the top and to kick off the compressor, but it doesn't provide temp to anything else.

Before considering the drill as a solution,  I thought I'd ask the group to see if anyone else had put a sensor in their box.

:-)

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Hanse 575 Build #192, Hull# 161
Newport, RI
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2019 at 11:24
H Rick, I am using a wireless sensor from a weather station with room temp, atmospheric pressure in real numbers and a diagram and outside temperature and clock.

Frank
Black Diamond View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2019 at 16:24
unfortunately,  I'm trying to integrate the sensor in with an existing monitoring system and it requires a wired connection.  I have the sensors, but just need to place them in the box without damaging anything.   And I don't want to just close the drawer on the wire.   I'd like to have something better looking than that.

:-)

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Newport, RI
Black Diamond View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2019 at 02:46
Just spoke with the Vitrifrigo guys in Florida.    Apparently you can run the wire thru the same chase used for the refrigeration lines thru the back of the drawers.  Unfortunately it would void the warranty.   As I have 2 months left on my warranty,  I'll wait til that passes before installing the wire :-)

Rick
Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Newport, RI
marcopone View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcopone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2019 at 22:07
Yes, I did this cable routing following the same path of the existing sensor.
Easy task but you have to partially take out the freezer/fridge.

On my 575 I installed an external temperature control for the freezer and I had to change the internal sensor as it was not fitting my new external control unit.

Now I can set the temperature I want for the freezer and I can use it as a fridge.
Besides I have the exact temperature indication always shown on the external display.
 Post Reply Post Reply