myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 345/348
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anchor upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magicol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anchor upgrade
    Posted: 10 September 2019 at 00:34
I am looking for any forum members experience of increasing the size of the standard anchor on a 345. I have noticed that a couple of owners have done this but wondered if there were any potential problems. For example can the windlass cope and is the bow roller sufficiently strong? Any thoughts?
Hanse 345 #237 based on the Clyde
Ratbasher View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratbasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2019 at 07:41
Colin - as you've not had any replies specifically for a 345 I thought I'd chuck my penny's worth in.

I swapped the 15kg plough on my H400 for a 20kg Rocna and changed the cable from 28m of 8mm chain/70m rope to 65m chain with a 14m adjustable rope snubber. After anchoring successfully several times in some interesting conditions this season I found that the standard windlass and bow roller coped well. The only modification was to use a removable bow fender as the Rocna sits closer to the hull and is very sharp.

If you're going to upgrade I'd suggest seriously considering the Rocna or other latest-gen anchor. They set and stay set much more securely and hold in places and conditions that would challenge a Delta, no matter what the weight. As advised by Rocna, use dyneema lashing and not a pin to secure the anchor to the roller as otherwise you'll find it might break the pin if the anchor gets goffered by a heavy wave, as happened to a friend with expensive consequences.

Iain   
H400 (2008) 'Wight Leopard', Gosport UK
Magicol View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magicol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2019 at 23:10
Thanks Iain
Really helpful. I will certainly look carefully at the Rocna when we upgrade. Your experience of your existing windlass and bow roller is also really useful.
Thanks for posting.
Colin
Hanse 345 #237 based on the Clyde
moss View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2020 at 20:54
Hello, I am looking for a windlass to install for my Hanse 400. I asked Hanse and they suggested the model 

Windlass GP2 2000, 800W, 12V, 8mm, although this seems to be recommended for the 415 or 418. Indeed those models have the space for the windlass on the port side, while on my H400 it is on the starboard side. What model do you have installed on yours?

Thanks in advance!
Gian Paolo
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2020 at 21:33
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
moss View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2020 at 21:44
thank you very much, indeed I found that one but no mention aabout the model of windlass. I will ask under that post, thanks anyway!
Rock View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 14:30
Hi Iain,

Do you have a picture with the 20kg Rocna On the H400 roller?

Thanks,
Peter
Hanse 400e "M-square2" #0241
StavrosNZ View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StavrosNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 21:42
Lewmar pro Series 1000 was the windlass installed on the 400's at the factory. Mine is 10 years old now and still working fine, i service it annually and have some wear on gypsy now and will replace that in next couple of years.
Stephen
2010 H400 #691, Auckland, New Zealand
 Post Reply Post Reply