myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holding Tank seacock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holding Tank seacock
    Posted: 05 November 2019 at 15:55
Hi
The discharge seacock for the holding tank has become v stiff to operate so I need to replace this (plus the hose) over the winter.
As my 370 is on the hard in Greece currently unfortunately I can't get the seacock off to check the size and would prefer to take a replacement out in the spring rather than hoping I can source locally on arrival.
Anyone know the correct size of the fitting? It has been suggested this could be 1-1/4" BSP or 1-1/2" BSP. The flexible hose to which it connects is 40mm dia.
Also, any recommendations /experience on the best type of seacock to go for? I'm fairly certain the current fitting is DZR.
Thanks in anticipation for any advice / assistance.
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2019 at 16:15
Sizes?
Search 400 "New seacocks/thru-hulls"
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
mike pearce View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2019 at 17:25
Thanks for the feed. Really useful.
Sounds like I need to consider replacement of all the thru hull fittings and seacocks over the next season or two.
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2019 at 09:49
 the waste tanks discharge valve is the critical one, the others least for much longer time in good condition.
if you change the discharge valve and the boat is on the dry change the truhull, elbow etc also by TRU DESIGN glassfibre. it is not very expensive and much better than the org stuff Hanse used.
the only disadvantage : barnacles attached faster on the glassfiber truhull.

Edited by Wild - 07 November 2019 at 10:24
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
colinc View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2019 at 10:17
Aren't the thru-hulls from TRU DESIGN already on Hanses?   I thought they used those but not the valves.
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2019 at 10:27
I can only speak for my boat 2010 545e and at that time they don't used True Design truhulls and valves.Cry
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2019 at 17:26
Look at the photo of my seacocks in
- and you may be convinced, that the brass/DNZ brass mounted by Hanse has a limited period of life. My waste-tank seacock in the photo is showing a reddish circle, meaning that de-zinkifacation has started. The other seacocks look OK, but if your ship has passed her seventh birthday, please change them now!
Sailors salute
The Captain (Not Thomas Cook, just Captain Cook)

Edited by Captain Cook - 07 November 2019 at 17:31
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
colinc View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 10:00
Must just be on the newer boats then.
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 10:52
afaik Hanse started to use Tru-Design on the 2019 models
Frank
colinc View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 10:54
My boat is a 2014 505.  The thruhulls are some sort of plastic - def not metal.  So if they aren't Tru-Design what are they?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>