myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 461 / 470
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Code 0, Hanse 470

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoneyPenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Code 0, Hanse 470
    Posted: 08 January 2020 at 16:35
Has anybody experience with a Code 0 on the standard bow eye?

MoneyPenny
Lykke View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lykke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 21:59
The eye looks similar to the one on my 430 that I use for my code 0. Works fine for me.
Lykke, Hanse 430e, #8 from 2007
JonB View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2020 at 18:21
Monneypenny,

This is Thor Junior its a code 0 that is attached to the D ring with a strop, the double grey coloured Dyneema.  It has snuffer but I'm getting that changed to a top down furler as it will be easier to tack in the congested Solent here in the UK.

We also have Thor senior which is a gennaker

This uses the same strop and it too has a snuffer.

Hope this helps
Jon B
470e
http://www.norse-king.blogspot.co.uk
Koppiekrou View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2020 at 17:43
That looks stunning!! This season we hope to sail to Cowes. We will look for Thor.... 

Frank
291 4Ever - 341 Eternal Flame and now a Hanse 371 '05 Karma - Shoal draft - 2 cabin - 40hp - Variprofile
JonB View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2020 at 18:01
Evening Frank,

In July weather permitting as always, we'll be heading back to the Scillys for our summer trip, but you can always find us on Marine Traffic as the AIS will be on, just search for Norse King.  Otherwise he's in the Medina River.

I've fitted a beefy inverted 'L' bracket on the bulkhead of the Master Cabin and beefed up the bulkhead too, so I have a very neat D ring just behind the anchor locker but in front of the hatch, from here I'll fly a J3 so I have a duo of Code 0 and J3, hoping that it won't take all day to cross Lyme Bay when the wind drops as it invariably does one way or the other!
Jon B
470e
JonB View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 18:18

I collected my Code 0, it had a torsion line sown in by the sail maker and was fitted to a 4500+ FX top down furler, it is the same sail as you saw on a strop previously.  With the J3 inboard, I now have tandem sails for light airs
Jon B
470e
 Post Reply Post Reply