myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Work in progress - cabin table

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 19:53
small update. Between every thirth layer of clear coat we have to polish. I think that we will end with almost 10 layers of clear coat for the best result.

Man o man... I hope that the result will be okay for the misses 🥴
291 4Ever - 341 Eternal Flame and now a Hanse 371 '05 Karma - Shoal draft - 2 cabin - 40hp - Variprofile
Black Diamond View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 23:44
I like the inlay.    I was working with Mike at Cruising Concepts in Oregon about replacing the factory table on our 575 (which seems a bit cheap to me) with a really nice cherry table and a similar inlay.   The price wasn't that bad,  but I wonder about the "putting the cushions on it and turning it into a bed" option.   Not sure I care,  but do people really use this on the 575?

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Hanse 575 Build #192, Hull# 161
Newport, RI
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 17:06
Koppiecrou

All that work is why we loved it when the Merlin Rocket Class Racing Dinghy in the UK moved from wood to FRP.  We painted/varnished by brush 4 dinghies from scratch (10-12 coats all over) and then for 25 years we would do 4-6 coats each winter.  Beautiful to look at, but a lot of hard work.  The current FRP Merlin is lucky if it gets a wash each winter, in between looking after the Hanse.  It was actually my wife who did the final coats, as she reckoned I was no good at brushwork.

I am impressed by your workmanship up to now.
Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2020 at 16:26
Just an extra thought.  If you are not able to go sailing at the moment, then I would consider not finishing the varnishing completely now.  Get almost there and then leave it, as some times the varnish sinks into the grain, and just finish it off when we finally get the ok to go back to our yachts again.
Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
alettaenmarcel View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2020 at 16:58
i have also revarnised my table.
7 layers of blanc primer and then 2 layers of uv coating on it.
After that I polished it all so it has the same look as 14 years ago.
Looks perfect now.
I only have picturew of work in progress and a picture off the table in the boat will folow.
Gr Marcel

Edited by alettaenmarcel - 29 March 2020 at 17:02
Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
Bernstein View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bernstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2020 at 04:59
Thumbs Up
Bernstein, Hanse 320, 2008, Ostsee
Koppiekrou View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 20:14
And the result......

291 4Ever - 341 Eternal Flame and now a Hanse 371 '05 Karma - Shoal draft - 2 cabin - 40hp - Variprofile
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 20:17
Wooow, this is more than perfect! Congrats
Frank
Koppiekrou View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 20:20
Thanks Frank 👍
redlion View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 11:44
And it is a WOW from me.

It,s not over till the fat lady drowns
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>