myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 630
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hanse630e

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hanse630e
    Posted: 31 May 2020 at 17:34
dear members, I am thinking to buy a Used Hanse 630 (alternatively540) Model 2007 and would like to know whether there are any known problems with hull, keel, electronics. The boat I am looking at has 4double cabins 1 single, lazyjack. 4 owners. 
Appreciate much your feedback, thanks 
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2020 at 13:41
Leonius,

You probably will not get much feedback on a 630e. We rarely see posts from 630 owners. But regarding your question, in general terms a 2007 produced boat which has not been upgraded would need a lot of work. For example the 2007 electronics would need replacing, the rig would probably want to be replaced (your insurance company will probably make it a requirement), I would replace all the sheets and halyards and there is a fair chance of the blocks, organizers clutches etc will need at least servicing or replacing. A 630 is a big boat, expensive to berth  and handle. A 540 would be cheaper to buy, berth etc but still an old boat. If you are looking at buying a 630 you could also buy a 575 instead. You would get a much newer boat with the same beam and cockpit size, an actual garage rather than just a storage area and more importantly a much younger boat. I am sure you could buy a 575 for a similar price of a 630. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
Athina Captain View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Athina Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2020 at 22:57
I have an impecable 2006 630e. The 4th one made and it goes amazing. I have had it for 14 years and it is bombproof. Yes, I have had to do some upgrades, but generally still the same.except for mast, boom and rigging-

Wonderful boat.

Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2020 at 20:18
hello
It al depends the price you have to pay and the yearly budget you have to spent.
We have a 545 2010 +25.000 nm engine now  2.250 h ,till this year normal maintenance costs.
But this year we refit the teak deck , the Main winch need to be replaced Great maintenane for the engine and gen ,bimini  sprayhood etc.etc. Rigging stil in top condition and new Main 2016 Gib 2019
If the 630 you have in mind is in good condition (Engine rigging Sails teakdeck winches etc) and the price is right and you think you need a big boat like this and wont to pay the expensive mooring  fees ( in the Med + 150 euro’s a day) go for it! I know it is a great sailingboat!
But there are not so many 63 build so I think if you can find  a 540 or 545 much cheaper Its a beter option.
The 545 is rear to find for the reason (after 2 year Hanse stop the production ) to expensive in production.Cry In competition with Beneteau Jeanneau Dufour and Bavaria at that time.
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
aidzior View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidzior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 21:07
Hello Leonius,
We bought our 2012 H630 3+ years ago having previously owned a fifty footer.  The 630 has proven to be a much bigger boat than our previous boat and is much better made.  It has presence and offers a platform for outfitting and enjoyment which would be hard to match in a smaller vessel.  We have considered buying a brand new 588 at a time but decided to go for the 630 - which presents itself as an entry level mini-maxi rather than a run-of-a-mill production boat.  If this is your thing, I'm sure you will love it.  Good luck.    
Vivendi
 Post Reply Post Reply