myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Generator?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilkhanse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Generator?
    Posted: 27 July 2020 at 13:50
Hi folks.  I don’t remember if a generator was an option when we bought our boat.  Do any of you all have a generator on your 415/418?  If so, what brand and where is it installed?
Muriel View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2020 at 14:01
We have a Honda 2.2 portable which we keep in our port lazarette locker and pull out if we need extra battery charge, need to run AC power or drive our desalinator.

oheikal View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oheikal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 11:25
is this generator enough to power up your air conditioner units? If yes how many units can it power up and what BTU output? 
Muriel View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 11:41
When I said AC, I meant Alternating Current (240v), not A/C as in Air Conditioning.  Sorry if I confused you.
I don't know that it would run Air Conditioning although I know people sometimes use them for A/C in caravans.
Cheers
oheikal View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oheikal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 12:20
thanks for the clarification 
Andrew6586 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew6586 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2020 at 16:48
I have a Fischer Panda neo in my Hanse 415. The life raft locker has been removed to fit in in the aft peak. The life raft now lives on the push pit where it is easier to access should it be needed.

Andrew
Andrew
Pete In The East View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete In The East Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 18:46
Hi,

My partner and I have placed an order for a 418 (#213) and we are interested in fitting a generator. Can you tell me which model Fisher Panda is fitted and how much space it takes up in the locker please?

Thanks!
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew6586 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 18:58
Fischer Panda 5000i neo- fits in the aft peak port side. Our access is via the aft cabin it may be different on the 418 as you have deck access. We did cut out the life raft locker as we felt fit ocean crossing it’s easier to have the life raft accessible on the rail at the pushpit.  

Edited by Andrew6586 - 10 November 2020 at 19:01
Andrew
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew6586 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 19:02

Andrew
spam View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 22:41
Maybe slightly off topic, but two things you mentioned caught my attention:1) you mentioned you cut out the lift raft locker.  Was that to make space for the generator?   What did you do, did you just glass it over or install some other access panel?  I am considering making some changes to that area as it seems a very poor use of space.  2) you mentioned that you have a life raft on the rail at he pushpit, I am actually shopping for a raft right now.  Can I ask what you have?  How does it fit?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>