myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 311 / 312 / 315
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cockpit tent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ta'I Miti 2 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ta'I Miti 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cockpit tent
    Posted: 14 October 2020 at 11:10
Not only those who wander are lost

I've learn that the best way to learn about people is to sail with them
Ole Østergaard View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ole Østergaard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2020 at 16:15
Half a tent we prefere, we have only used full tent once in last three years.

MoDi Hanse312 Sail # 351
Ole Østergaard
Egå Marina
Århus
Danmark
olp@mail.dk
www.olp.dk
Magicol View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magicol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2020 at 23:47
Agree with everything Martin & Rene say about the benefits of the canopy. It extends and improves our sailing season here in Scotland. One of the best investments for our Hanse.

Hanse 345 #237 based on the Clyde
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 16:45
Originally posted by H8jer H8jer wrote:

They offer 15% discount when ordered in august/september.

Local Danish maker:
http://schultz-kalecher.dk/

Wendel and Rados has also tents but could only find prices for newer models
https://yachtausruester.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/h315-418-persenninge-2020.pdf

Edited by H8jer - 30 July 2020 at 17:24
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 11:02
This is ours on our 341.

Key points.
On this size of yacht, we did not go too big.  It was sized so that my wife can stand up in it , but I can't
It is just one piece.  Those with zip in the sides etc are just too much of a hassle.
It zips onto the spray-hood at the front.
Pay extra for the top quality thread (sorry I have forgotten the name) as of course the stitching is exposed to the sun all the time, if you leave it up between trips as we do. 
You can see the frame has one quick release attachment point on the cockpit coaming and then has an extra support further up.   It can be split and folded in the middle.  The key point is that we do not have to take it off when we take the cockpit tent down.  We can just fold it back and tie it off onto the back stay when we are sailing.  You just want to make using it as easy as possible.  
The front part of the cockpit tent is fastened by 2 straps which clip into plastic webbing bridges.  There is one strap just behind the side doors.   The rest of the fastenings in the back part of the cockpit tent are elastic loops, which are adjustable, that slip over small deck buttons/post. 
We fold the canvas up by pulling forward onto the top of the spray hood, making sure we do not put a kink in the windows.
We bought ours from the local sailmaker, who measured the yacht and the existing sprayhood directly and fitted it.

You will not regret buying it.  Breakfast in the cockpit.  A place to hang up wet clothes and towels.  You can keep the cockpit hatch open whilst cooking etc, no matter which way the wind is blowing.  I cover the hatch covers externally with cloth/PVC as curtains at night, as it is not dark for very long in Scotland mid-summer.

Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 10:27
They offer 15% discount when ordered in august/september.

Edited by H8jer - 30 July 2020 at 10:35
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
PRCH View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 10:00
I am considering buying a cockpit tent for our Hanse 312-2004. As inspiration I hope You will share some photos of Your cockpit tents.
Regards

Peter

—————————————————

S/Y Schisslaweng, Hanse 312, #212
 Post Reply Post Reply