myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 355
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aft cabin hatch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aft cabin hatch
    Posted: 02 September 2020 at 13:18
Hello,

When I ordered my yacht, I forgot to opt for a aft cabin hatch.  I ordered portlight in cockpit but not the Lewmar low profile hatch for aft cabin 'ceiling'.
I plan to install one.
Does anyone know the size of this hatch ?  Is it size 03 (https://www.lewmar.com/node/11296?v=24461
It will be greatful if anybody can provide measurements from cockpit edges to make the cut out.  Any picture welcome.
Many thanks
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

White hull, 2 cabins, Volvo D1-30, Selden rig, removable mainsheet track system, Simrad (now B&G)-Jefa autopilot.
Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 16:09
Anybody ?

Edited by Brufan - 11 September 2020 at 16:10
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

White hull, 2 cabins, Volvo D1-30, Selden rig, removable mainsheet track system, Simrad (now B&G)-Jefa autopilot.
Nilandhoo View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilandhoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 18:58
Hi Bruno,

I think the aft cabin hatch on our boat (and the same one in the heads) is a Lewmar Ocean hatch - flat base.  It's about 250mm square with a singe fastener and the closest item in the Lewmar catalog is the size 0 275mm x275mm (39600050 or 39600070) but both are marked as special order.

I can't measure the the location because the boats in a different country. If no one else replies I will ask a friend to get some measurements for you.

Hope that helps

Paul
Hanse 325 'One Life'
Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 22:10
Thanks
I thought this hatch was rectangular (Sixe 03 ?) not square (Size 0)
Any measurement will be useful
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

Nilandhoo View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilandhoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2020 at 15:02
Hi Bruno,

My friend has measured the hatch but can't find any part numbers.
The overall outside dimensions are 300 x 250 mm with a height of about 30mm.

The closest part that I can see in the Lewmar catalogue is Low Profile Hatch, part number 39903030, size 03 (as you said).

He is going to send me some pictures and measurements and I will send them on once I receive them.

Regards

Paul
Hanse 325 'One Life'
Nilandhoo View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilandhoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 09:43
Hi Bruno,

Pictures as requested.  The measurements are from the base of the winch to the Hatch = 140mm,
from the edge of the topside where is slopes down to the cockpit = 50mm (see picture)  Hope this helps.

Paul

Hanse 325 'One Life'
Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 11:17
Great
So much thanks Paul !Handshake
That's exactly what I needed !
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

Post Reply Post Reply