myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change of Toilet Hose

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change of Toilet Hose
    Posted: 03 September 2020 at 11:29
Hanse 400 2008 -
My only access seems to be via the door under the toilet zink.
or remove the plate covering the holding tank.

Is it possible to lift the holding tank by loosing the two bolts on top and thereby get easy access to
fit the new hoses going to thrugh and to toilet

Anybody have a GREAT way to change hoses WITHOUT drilling holes in the side 
under the holding tank.

Very much pleased to ehar

GAGA DEN 808 - Hanse 400/2008
Denmark

WEmmens View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEmmens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2020 at 16:47
Hallo Gaga,
I finally decided to cut a hole of  127 mm and mount an inspection hatch.
Now I have easy access if needed.
Good luck,
Wilko
Hanse 400, Mona Lisa, #337, 2007, Yanmar 3JH4E, Flexofold 3bl.
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2020 at 20:22
Why dont you send a PM to H8jer? He changed the holding tank 3 months ago, so he may have some hints.
:Kjeld
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Rikard_Swe View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikard_Swe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2020 at 05:27
I changed my toilet last winter and changed the hose from the toilet at the same time. I did not cut any hole in the boat. I removed the door under the sink and used that space to reach in, some of the work needed to be done by hand wothout seeing. 

During the winter I will remove the original tank - since it is so small and make a new one out of epoxi - to make it as big as possible. At the same time I will change the inlet from the toilet, original the inlet comes under the tank - wich gives unneccesary force to the toilet. I want the inlet to be mounted ontop. 

Hanse 400 2011, Stockholm Sweden.
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2020 at 10:06
Rikard:
The inlet is at the bottom, but there is a pipe inside so the waste is deposited at the top of the tank.
:Kjeld
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2020 at 20:11
As Captain Cook said - I removed the old tank some months ago.
There are two bolts/nuts holding the stainless tank. But also sikaflex.
Bruteforce was needed. It is the only way possible to change the hose. The tank need to come out with the two hoses still attached.

Edited by H8jer - 05 September 2020 at 07:50
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
Gaga View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 10:53
Thanks for the advise and i think the Sikaflex have to go...

Gaga View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 10:54
thanks but my arms seems to be too short.....
Bruno View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 21:11
If this may help you, I created an access trap right next to the toilet by cutting off the fiberglass and integrating the Dometic Dryroll. I used the hole to access to my new hose coming from my haft cabin closet where I installed my SS holding tank. Cutoff isn't very large but you may insert your hand. Plus our paper roll is now protected from water splash and gives a great look. https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/products/hygiene-and-sanitation/sanitation/accessories/dometic-dryroll-_-219696
Bruno

Hanse 400, 2010 Hull 660, Canadian flag sailing Lake Champlain, VT USA
Peter Russell View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 12:46
I have put that toilet roll holder into the under sink cupboard door.  Works very well there.  Hanse 370 2008 model.
Peter Russell

Hanse 370 hull 499 "Outnumbered"

http://outnumbered.the-russells.net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>