myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H388 remove windlass to repair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Condor388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H388 remove windlass to repair
    Posted: 20 January 2021 at 23:34
Hi all- I see threads on H385 windlass removal difficulty. Does anyone know if this is solved with a Hanse 388? Our windlass has broken and must be removed to repair.
Summary form 385 posts appears to be cutting - I presume the anchor well wall beneath the windlass, or is it from inside the forward cabin?
Mike
Condor388 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Condor388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2021 at 06:16
Following my earlier question, a very slim service guy was able to get up into the bow by removing the forard bunk plywood, then undo the nuts under the nuts and release the windlass without requiring any inspection hatches or other destructive work- top marks Windcraft in Auckland NZ. New windlass- all set!
Mike
GrainDeSel View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrainDeSel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2021 at 02:34
hello. My Hanse 385 is now 9 years old and I need to change the windlass Quick Pro Série. Motor HS. Is there  an other solution that a slim guy  ? Do you have picture to this plywood ? Many thanks and best regards. Jean Marie
Best regards
Jean-Marie
H385#139 june 2012
Condor388 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Condor388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 01:40
I regret, no photos of the 388 access. sorry. 
Mike
GrainDeSel View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrainDeSel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2021 at 07:49
Hi. here is the work to cut the wires and get the motor out of the windlass !!
Best regards
Jean-Marie
H385#139 june 2012
agora View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2022 at 15:37
This was our solution to get the windlass changed because of a defect. This is just from the inside on the port side of the forward cabin. To close the hole we will put a wood decor with velcro on it.

Andrea C View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2023 at 01:29
Windlass failed - accessed bolts from the port side of the V berth. Multitool nicked a wire. I have to say the bolts look rather puny. My engineer will organise a nice looking cover for this access and a fake panel to match on the starboard side, both velcroed on.
 Post Reply Post Reply