myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 445/455/458
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Switch panel thickness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Switch panel thickness
    Posted: 07 April 2021 at 10:26
I want to order a push button switch to isolate the VHF handset charger. 

In order to do so I need to know the thickness of the bottom hinged panel (housing the Wuerth control panel) that is above the chart table. 

I cannot get to the boat at present; my guess is that it is around 15 mm thick. I'd be grateful for confirmation - or correction.

Many thanks

Richard
Richard M

(S/Y BrightStar - H 455 #90; ex S/Y Providence - H 400e #290)
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 10:33
Hi Richard.
Have you thought about wiring this to one of the spare switches on the Wurth panel?  I used F1 (XB 1.11 on the 385) which has a low current fuse rating.  You would need one of the blue/grey Wago 691 connectors, but if you have (or can get) one of these it is a really simple fix, and I think this is neater than adding additional switches.
I am currently preparing a commissioning list for the new boat - it's getting close.
Stuart
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
FrankS View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 12:02
I did the same, works fine !
Hanse 345 2016 "STYX"
Pzucchel View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pzucchel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 12:20
I moved the charger into the cockpit, so to monitor/access channel 16 while on the deck. In this way, it's charged only when the navigation instruments are operational. I can't imagine a situation where I want to keep it charged and the navigation instruments are off...and I have put a czone in its place! 

Edited by Pzucchel - 07 April 2021 at 12:20
Hanse588#55
Arcadia View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 16:13
Hello S&J. Would you have a source for those same WAGO terminal block connectors (grey and blue) that are used through out the Hanse 12 volt system. I’ve been having trouble finding the right ones (there are many variations) here I the US. They make adding electrical the the panels very easy and secure.
Leon / ARCADIA
2018 Hanse 588
Sag Harbor, NY
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 16:16
Hello Leon,

you can source them through the Hanse shop at Boatoon. They are reasonably priced.
I hope to get to the boat in 2-3 weeks, I might have one or two left.

BR
Frank
Frank
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 17:30
No idea where you can get them in USA, although in Germany I was able to find them at a general purpose hardware store.  Even in UK they are not commonly stocked, although I have found them at https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/din-rail-terminal-accessories/8648433.  The part for the double connector is 769-102, although it seems that a generic image is used on the RS website which is a bit confusing.

H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Richard M View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 18:43
Hi Stuart - that's a great idea. Much better than a separate switch. I guess there may be some spare connectors in the electrical spares box. I haven't had reason to go inside that yet.

It must be a very exciting time getting ready to commision Primal (great name btw).

Very best wishes

Richard

Richard M

(S/Y BrightStar - H 455 #90; ex S/Y Providence - H 400e #290)
Matt View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 12:17
I am also US based. I ended up ordered a batch of 10 from the Hanse shop and just swallowing the cost on the basis of being the best solution. I did not find a US source although plenty of Wago suppliers here none see to have those particular connectors. That said, at the time I did not realize that Wago systems are modular so if you can get the grey, blue and cover plate individually you can put together your own.
HANSE 445 #231 "ALBION"
Arcadia View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 16:57
Thanks Matt. I found a supplier for $3. Galco.com. Unfortunately both poles are grey, but a blue magic marker can fix that!
Leon / ARCADIA
2018 Hanse 588
Sag Harbor, NY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>